Dr Morwenna Carr
Senior Lecturer (Education Academic)
Eastern Gateway 201
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 266198
- Business Accounting
- Brunel Business School
- College of Business, Arts and Social Sciences
Part of the Student Experience Team at Brunel Business School, most of my role is focused on students and caring for them. We work to ensure that students get the support they need!
If you're a current Brunel Business School student and you're feeling a little overwhelmed, not sure about what to do or when to do it, or something's happened that is having an effect on your work please contact us and we'll work with you to explain, resolve, or help!
There are loads of ways students can get in touch with us:
1. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Drop in and see us in The Helpful Hour, 12:30 - 13:30 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays in the Starbucks Cafe area in Eastern Gateway Building.
3. Book a meeting with me here https://calendly.com/morwennacarr/student-meeting.
I have regular appointments available on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
4. Can't make my regular hours? Request a meeting by emailing email@example.com and we'll find a time that works for you! We can help with anything - from explaining the Extenuating Circumstances policy, telling you what support you could access, cheering you through your essay planning, or telling you who's best to contact for your question.
Something you don't want to speak to a member of academic staff about? Come and see us! We don't mark your work or have any input into your grades, and we know all about staying calm in the face of a last minute panic.
PhD. English Literature. University of Reading. 2015.
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. 2017.
We are currently working with students to co-create our BBS Welcome Week!
If you would like to be involved, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to talk about how you can contibute. The project offers some paid data collections roles for first and final-year students, as well as opportunities to develop project work skills, event management, auditing, and research analysis.
BiteSize Staff Training
I have developed and run a series of staff workshops and training sessions, designed to support staff in delivering excellent personal tutoring support to students.
These sessions cover topics like talking to students about mental health, compassion in tutoring, using the tools Brunel has to support personal tutoring, what facilities and resources are available, and information on the EC and Extension processes.
If you would like to talk to me about these sessions or look at the accompanying resources, please email email@example.com.
Newest selected publications
Carr, M. (2018) '‘We’ll Imagine, Madam, You Have a Beard’: Beards and Early Female Playwrights', in Evans, J. and Withey, A. (eds.) New Perspectives on the History of Facial Hair: Framing the Face. Palgrave Macmillan. pp. 189 - 211. ISBN 13: 9783319734965.
Carr, M. (2017) 'Material / Blackness: Race and Its Material Reconstructions on the Seventeenth-Century English Stage'. Early Theatre, 20 (1). pp. 77 - 95. ISSN: 1206-9078 Open Access Link