Dr Zhaohui Huang
Reader/MSc Course Director - Structural Engineering
Howell Building 250
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 265300
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences
- Institute of Energy Futures
- Resource Efficient Future Cities
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- BEng., Fujian Forestry College, China, 1982.
- PhD., University of Central Lancashire, UK, 1995.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Teaching and Learning for University Lecturers, University of Sheffield, UK, 2003.
- Full membership of the American Society of Civil Engineers, 2007.
- Assistant Lecturer, Lecturer, Fujian Forestry College, 1982-1990.
- Visiting Research Fellow, Silsoe Research Institute, AFRC, 1990-1991.
- Research Fellow, University of Sheffield, 1996-2004.
- Lecturer, University of Sheffield, 2004-2011.
- Reader, Brunel University London, 2011-now.
- Visiting Professor, Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University, since 2008.
- Editorial board member of “The Open Construction and Building Technology Journal”.
- Guest Editor of Special Issue on “Buildings’ Behaviour in Fire” for the Open Construction and Building Technology Journal (Volume 4, 2010).
- Invited expert to review the research proposals for EPSRC, “Swiss National Science Foundation”, “The Qatar National Research Fund” and “The Georgia National Science Foundation”.
- Member of the Scientific Committee for international conferences.
- Invited peer reviewer for numerous high quality international journals.
- Recipient of 2005 Raymond C. Reese Research Prize by the American Society of Civil Engineers for the best paper published on Journal of Structural Engineering, 2003.
- As one of the main developers of the designer's version of Vulcan, the software won two of the “British Computer Society's Annual Awards: the Technology: Applications category and the BT Innovation Flagship Award for Technology”, 2005.
- Recipient of Tan Chin Tuan Exchange Fellowship by Nanyang Technological University, 2005.
- Ahearne Fire Engineering Consultants Ltd (Ireland), Korean Institute of Construction Technology (South Korea), Corus (UK), Locke Carey (UK), Arup (UK), Buro Happold (UK).
Newest selected publications
Yuan, G., Yang, B., Huang, Z. and Tan, X. (2018) 'Experimental Study on the Stability of the Transmission Tower with Hybrid Slab Foundation'. Engineering Structures, 162. pp. 151 - 165. ISSN: 0141-0296 Open Access Link
Liao, F. and Huang, Z. (2018) 'Modelling Cracks of Reinforced Concrete Slabs under Fire Conditions'. Journal of Structural Engineering, 144 (5). pp. 04018030-1 - 04018030-15. ISSN: 0733-9445 Open Access Link
Lawan, I., Qiang, L., Zhou, W., Yi, J., Song, J., Zhang, M., (2018) 'Modifications of hemp twine for use as a fiber in cement composite: effects of hybrid treatments'. Cellulose. pp. 1 - 12. ISSN: 0969-0239et al.
Ilyas, M., Wan, K., Huang, ZH. and Fan, MZ. (Accepted) 'Microstructural Modification of Cementitious Composite through Plasma Treated Graphene Nano-platelets (GNP)'. Cement and Concrete Composites. ISSN: 1873-393X
Wang, Y., Zhang, Y. and Huang, Z. (Accepted) 'New analytical method for determining the load-carrying capacity of two-way simply supported concrete slabs'. Advances in Structural Engineering. ISSN: 1369-4332