Dr Zhaohui Huang
Reader/MSc Course Director - Structural Engineering
Howell Building 250
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 265300
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences
- Institute of Energy Futures
- Resource Efficient Future Cities
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- BEng., Fujian Forestry College, China, 1982.
- PhD., University of Central Lancashire, UK, 1995.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Teaching and Learning for University Lecturers, University of Sheffield, UK, 2003.
- Full membership of the American Society of Civil Engineers, 2007.
- Assistant Lecturer, Lecturer, Fujian Forestry College, 1982-1990.
- Visiting Research Fellow, Silsoe Research Institute, AFRC, 1990-1991.
- Research Fellow, University of Sheffield, 1996-2004.
- Lecturer, University of Sheffield, 2004-2011.
- Reader, Brunel University London, 2011-now.
- Visiting Professor, Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University, since 2008.
- Editorial board member of “The Open Construction and Building Technology Journal”.
- Guest Editor of Special Issue on “Buildings’ Behaviour in Fire” for the Open Construction and Building Technology Journal (Volume 4, 2010).
- Invited expert to review the research proposals for EPSRC, “Swiss National Science Foundation”, “The Qatar National Research Fund” and “The Georgia National Science Foundation”.
- Member of the Scientific Committee for international conferences.
- Invited peer reviewer for numerous high quality international journals.
- Recipient of 2005 Raymond C. Reese Research Prize by the American Society of Civil Engineers for the best paper published on Journal of Structural Engineering, 2003.
- As one of the main developers of the designer's version of Vulcan, the software won two of the “British Computer Society's Annual Awards: the Technology: Applications category and the BT Innovation Flagship Award for Technology”, 2005.
- Recipient of Tan Chin Tuan Exchange Fellowship by Nanyang Technological University, 2005.
- Ahearne Fire Engineering Consultants Ltd (Ireland), Korean Institute of Construction Technology (South Korea), Corus (UK), Locke Carey (UK), Arup (UK), Buro Happold (UK).
Newest selected publications
Khalaf, J. and Huang, Z. (2019) 'The bond behaviour of reinforced concrete members at elevated temperatures'. Fire Safety Journal, 103. pp. 19 - 33. ISSN: 0379-7112 Open Access Link
Li, Q., Liu, L., Huang, Z. and Yuan, G. (2018) 'Degradation of the elastic modulus of cement-based grouting material with early ages after fire'. Construction and Building Materials, 187. pp. 510 - 518. ISSN: 0950-0618 Open Access Link
Shu, Q., Huang, Z., Yuan, G., Ma, W., Ye, S. and Zhou, J. (2018) 'Impact of wind loads on the resistance capacity of the transmission tower subjected to ground surface deformations'. Thin-Walled Structures, 131. pp. 619 - 630. ISSN: 0263-8231 Open Access Link
Wang, Y., Guo, W., Huang, Z., Long, B., Yuan, G., Shi, W. and (2018) 'Analytical model for predicting the load–deflection curve of post-fire reinforced-concrete slab'. Fire Safety Journal, 101. pp. 63 - 83. ISSN: 0379-7112et al.