Exit Menu

Going abroad

This section provides information for Brunel students in Politics and History who are considering a study experience either in Europe or overseas. For detailed information about the application process and the requirements, please see our FAQs for outgoing students.

Our department actively encourages you to spend a period of your studies overseas. We believe our Politics and History students benefit greatly from an overseas experience. 

Available programmes

We are delighted to offer a range of opportunities for our students to undertake part of their study overseas and welcome students from our nine partner institutions worldwide.

Erasmus programmes

  • Charles University in Prague (Czech Republic) - Politics and History
  • Freie Universität Berlin, JFK Institute (Germany) - Politics
  • Sciences Po Rennes (France) - Politics
  • Universidade Nova de Lisboa (Portugal) - Politics and History
  • Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (Spain) - Politics and History
  • University of Helsinki (Finland) - Politics and History
  • University of Southern Denmark (Denmark) - Politics and History
  • Erasmus Universitaet, Rotterdam (Netherlands) - History

Non-Erasmus programmes

  • State University of New York (SUNY) at Brockport (USA) - Politics and History
  • University of Nottingham, Ningbo (China) - Politics and History
  • University of California (all campuses) - Politics and History

Further information for prospective outgoing students: Erasmus and non-Erasmus programmes

Study-abroad programmes

If you are a Politics and History student at Brunel and you wish to take a period of study abroad outside of the existing exchange programmes:

Universities around the world usually offer a study abroad programme for international students. You might be eligible for one of these programmes, and join it for your second year.

Please note: visiting students usually pay full fees, irrespective of their country of origin.

For further information, please contact the International Coordinator.

Courses and assessment

To ensure academic recognition is given by the home university wherever possible, Brunel uses the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). 2 Brunel credits = 1 EC credit).

Students whose home university has particular requirements restricting their programme of study abroad should ensure details are provided in their application form; we will endeavour to accommodate such requirements when informed about them in advance.

Erasmus students are expected to select a programme from the undergraduate modules on offer. In exceptional circumstances suitably qualified students may be considered for postgraduate modules if places are available.

Further information

Go to FAQs for outgoing students or visit the Brunel International website