We are committed to the development of strategic partnerships with businesses, industry and the not-for-profit sector that will enhance impactful research and high quality funded research. We are also open to strategic collaborations with high quality academic establishments that will enhance opportunities for large-scale funded projects, DTCs and staff exchanges.
The Centre has strong links with the comedy industry and is supported by five CCSR Ambassadors:
- Jo Brand– Comedian, writer, actress and Brunel Honorary Graduate.
- Nitin Ganatra– Actor (e.g. Eastenders and Mumbai Calling).
- Lee Mack- Comedian, writer, actor and Brunel Honorary Graduate.
- Simon Minty– Co-founder and Producer of Abnormally Funny People.
- Geoff Rowe– Director & Founder of Dave’s Leicester Comedy Festival.
The CCSR also has 8 international Affiliated Researchers who are esteemed academics in the field and have collaborated with CCSR members:
- Professor Delia Chiaro (University of Bologna)
- Dr Oliver Double (University of Kent)
- Dr Sam Friedman (LSE)
- Professor Giselinde Kuipers (University of Amsterdam)
- Dr James Leggott (Northumbria University)
- Dr Brett Mills (University of East Anglia)
- Professor Jessica Milner Davis (University of Sydney)
- Dr Louise Peacock (University of Southern California).
In addition, the CCSR’s Advisory Group is made up of 11 leading figures from the comedy industry and key comedy studies academics. Members are:
- Steve Bennett (Editor of Chortle.co.uk)
- Mark Boosey and Aaron Brown (Editors of The British Comedy Guide)
- Bruce Dessau (London Evening Standard Comedy Critic and Founder of Beyond The Joke website)
- Dr Roger Clegg (De Montfort University)
- DR CP Lee (Mancunian Film Company Archive Curator and Northern Comedy expert)
- Moira (Smith) Marsh (Humour Folklorist, Indiana University)
- Dr Chris Ritchie (Editor of Comedy Studies)
- Professor Roger Sabin (University of the Arts London)
- Dr Ian Wilkie (London Comedy Forum Convenor and University of Salford Manchester)
- Deborah Williams (Executive Director at Creative Diversity Network, Writer and Producer)
Please contact us to find out about collaborating with our experts.