In this study project different Phasor IDP architectures will be designed and developed to meet the needs of all SSEN and industry stakeholders, including but not limited to:
- Real-time phasor applications within SSE Networks (i.e. protection, control systems).
- Real-time and Near-time situational awareness (access to data in control centres).
- Convenient access to historical phasor data and other data types, including waveform data and oscillography.
- Data transport using existing networks, including the OPTEL network.
- Secure interfaces between networks.
- Data exchange with third parties, including NGESO and NGET.
Meet the Principal Investigator(s) for the project
Professor Gareth Taylor
- Prof Gary Taylor - Professor of Power Systems
Module Leader - MSc Sustainable Electrical Power
Director of BIPS - Brunel Institute of Power Systems
Gary joined Brunel in May 2000 from the University of Greenwich in London. He was a National Grid Post-doctoral Scholar from 2000-2003 and joined Electronic and Computer Engineering, School of Engineering and Design as a lecturer in June 2003. He established the new MSc Sustainable Electrical Power as the course director in September 2006. He has been a research active member of the Brunel University Research Centre BIPS since May 2000.