Dual delivery is at the heart of Brunel’s response to the pandemic. But what is it?
Dual delivery means that programmes are delivered online and face to face on campus simultaneously, with both modes available to all, whatever your particular circumstances.
For example, if you aren’t able to travel you can begin online and join us in person on campus when you can, and if further restrictions are imposed later, you can move fully to online learning without interrupting your studies.
It works like this:
- Lectures will be delivered online whilst social distancing measures are in place, but you will still have the opportunity to engage with your fellow students and staff to discuss the subject in depth.
- Small group seminars and tutorials will continue to be taught on campus, with measures in place to ensure your safety.
- Students who aren’t on campus will join tutor-moderated, small group sessions online, so you and your class will still be able to work collaboratively, even if you aren’t in the same room.
- For larger groups, social distancing may require us to use a rota to make sure that everyone has the chance to attend interactive sessions face-to-face, however we also recognise that some students may prefer to join the sessions online. Either way, you will always be able to move between on-campus and online teaching without difficulty.
- Peer-support groups, drop-ins and online social events give you the chance to reflect on your learning with fellow students.
- All students have access to 1-2-1 support through online academic and pastoral support meetings with course tutors.
- Some practical and lab-based work will be delivered in Summer 2021 to reduce the chances of disruption.
- All programmes offer the dual delivery approach, with the exception of PGT Initial Teacher Education and PGCert Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, where it is not possible to do so.
Our arrangements will remain under review as restrictions ease or tighten, to ensure that we protect your education and your safety throughout your Brunel experience.