Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) Competition 2019
Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) is a research communication competition developed by The University of Queensland. The exercise challenges research higher degree (PhD and MPhil) students to present a compelling oration on their thesis topic and its significance in just three minutes. 3MT develops academic, presentation, and research communication skills and supports the development of research students' capacity to effectively explain their research in language appropriate to a non-specialist audience.
The University winner receives a prize of £500 and the chance to represent Brunel at the national 3MT Semi Finals. The runner up wins £200 and the ‘people’s choice’ winner wins £100.
The University final is open to the public and all research students and staff are encouraged to come along and vote for the ‘People’s Choice’.
- Registration deadline: 15 February 2019
- Slide submission deadline: 15 February 2019
- College of Business, Arts and Social Sciences Heat: 25 February 2019
- College of Health and Life Sciences Heat: 26 February 2019
- College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences Heat: 28 February 2019
- Brunel University Final: 20 March 2019
For more information about College Heats, how to submit your slide, training opportunities, terms and conditions, please click here.
To register, please click here.
The previous winner's presentations can be watched here:
- 2015 Chioma Paul. National finalist of Vitae Three Minute Thesis competition
- 2017 Thomas Fudge. Finalist and national winner of Vitae Three Minute Thesis competition
For more information about the Vitae Three Minute Thesis competition, please here.