- Sponsorship of up to 67% of project costs [50% for larger companies].
- Gain the equivalent of half a day per week in relevant, leading edge, knowledge transfer, via academic supervision.
- Reduced risk in investment in R & D activity through access to applied research and leading edge academic expertise.
- Application process that has regular assessment panels.
- Robust schedule of work that is designed to deliver increased profits, improved efficiencies, or development of new products.
- Opportunities to publish journal articles and conference papers are encouraged.
- Academic challenge is required for KTP funding.
- KTP projects provide interesting case studies that enrich teaching.
- KTPs can provide an impetus to extend current research, or stimulate or initiate new directions for research.
- KTP provides an opportunity to work with business partners on challenging projects that will include involvement in achieving commercial objectives through the application of applied research and/or leading edge knowledge and expertise.
- Opportunity for accelerated personal development on a challenging R & D project for high calibre graduates.
- Associates must be a recent graduate.
- Fee-paid status on postgraduate registration with the University.
- Employed by the University on a market level salary with a fixed term contract for the duration of the project.
- Good chance of being employed by the company on completion of a successful project.
- General training budget for courses and personal development.
Page last updated: Friday 20 May 2016