The Brunel Innovation Voucher Scheme is specifically designed to promote collaborative innovation between Brunel and UK SMEs by offering vouchers to be used toward the costs of projects using the university’s facilities and / or its academic staff. The vouchers will be allocated to projects that develop new products, processes or services that will help the company innovate, develop and grow.
The value of an Innovation Voucher is between £1,000 and £5,000, which covers the academic project costs. The company contributes an equal value in cash or in kind (such as staff time, materials or equipment) or a combination of both. For example, if we are helping a company develop a new product we may delegate a few areas of the project to the company's staff in order to make progress and meet the project deadlines.
- Fantastic government grant for small businesses to develop new products or improve a specific area of the company
- Make new contacts within the higher education sector, many of whom have strong links in the UK and overseas industries
- Access to the latest specialist research equipment that we have invested millions in
- Being based in London it is very easy to travel and come onto our campus
There are not a lot of complex parameters, however, we do ask for the following criteria:
- You must be defined as a small and medium size enterprise (SME). For example, have less than 250 employees and have less than £50 million turnover
- Able to contribute in some way to the project
- Must have a business idea that will help to innovate and grow
- Need specialist help to complete a business challenge
- Must be located in the UK
It is up to the business owner/affiliate to decide the type of project they would like to pursue. We have academics in a range of fields from engineering to digital media so we will have the expertise to cover any proposal that is submitted.
Innovation Vouchers are a new type of government grant for small businesses but are becoming increasingly popular in the UK. To get in touch or discuss the scheme to see if your project fits please get in touch.