A vibrant London law school with a truly international outlook
- CPE/Graduate Diploma in Law
- Intellectual Property Law Postgraduate Certificate
- International Commercial Law LLM
- International Financial Regulation and Corporate Law LLM
- International Human Rights Law LLM
- International Intellectual Property Law LLM
- Master of Laws (LLM Law)
For over 40 years students from throughout the UK and over 100 countries have made Brunel Law School their first choice for postgraduate taught and PhD research degrees. We offer a diverse portfolio of courses catering to the interests of continuing students and returning professionals aiming to enhance their careers and develop specialist expertise in their chosen subject.
At the Postgraduate level nearly all of our courses have an international emphasis, giving our students a global perspective which is sought by UK and overseas employers.
Although Brunel Law School is research driven and has earned outstanding results in the 2008 RAE, students are at the heart of everything we do. Postgraduate students are exposed to the latest and most up-to-date legal research produced by our internationally-recognized academics. We continuously go from strength to strength; in the latest Research Assessment Exercise 50% of our research was rated as world-leading or internationally excellent. In the 1996 RAE we were rated 4A, and in the 2001 RAE 5A. All or almost all of our academic staff have been included in the submission for these research assessments and all academic staff in the School continue to be fully active in research.
Postgraduate students are encouraged to take advantage of the benefits of the School's research groups, which focus on the areas of commercial law, intellectual property, human rights, criminal justice, family law, and law and religion.
Through the research groups, the School regularly hosts events such conferences, seminars and workshops, attracting internationally-renowned academics to discuss their research. Examples of recent events include the 13th International Conference of the IACL: Protecting Consumers' Rights in Recessions; The War on Terror and the Impact on Muslim Communities; Protecting and Representing Parents; and Risks and Legal Questions Relating to Synthetic Biology.
Brunel Law School academics have contributed to the work of the United Nations including the International Crimes and Justice Research Unit (UNICJR); United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime and the UN International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia and other organizations such as the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe; The European Commission; The World Bank; Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission and participation on the Strategic Traffic Consultative Forum of the Metropolitan Police.
Postgraduate students enjoy many benefits studying with us:
- A vibrant, friendly academic community with students and staff from the UK and over 100 countries.
- Compelling and challenging courses that draw continuing students, judges, solicitors, and other legal practitioners from the public and corporate sectors, government and ministry staff and practitioners involved in work with charities and NGOs.
- Robust student support services including a dedicated law study skills tutor and free in-sessional English language support for international students.
- A dedicated law library with access to online resources such as Hein onLine, Lexis-Nexis and Westlaw.
- Access to our award-winning Professional Development Centre for professional development support, which enhances the School's impressively high graduate employment rate.
- Study in a London law school situated on a campus-based university featuring over 100 clubs and societies, some of the best sports facilities of any university in the city, and competitively priced, modern on-campus accommodation.
- Participation in a network of leaders in industry and academia and our growing international alumni network.
Want to learn more? Visit us at an upcoming open day or contact the programme administrators at the email address on the right for more information on studying at Brunel Law School.