Brunel University London
- The University’s 2030 mission, “To bring benefit to society through excellence in education, research, and knowledge transfer” is central to both programmes, which are an integral part of the University’s Brunel Design School, and the wider innovation support for London based SMEs, entrepreneurs, and start-ups that the University offers.
- Brunel University London is a leading multidisciplinary research-intensive university delivering economic, social, and cultural benefit, excellence, and innovation, and putting entrepreneurial spirit at the heart of everything it does.
- We are committed to expanding our already significant global reach and further raising our reputation as one of the world’s pre-eminent international universities, by building strategic partnerships with overseas universities and businesses to expand our research and education activities and deliver impact through knowledge transfer.
Brunel Co-Innovate Journeys is jointly funded by Brunel University London, the GLA and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) until 2023 and free for eligible SMEs.
The aims of the £4.4m Brunel Co-Innovate Journeys programme are to:
Stimulate SME growth and employment by providing innovation support to London-based businesses in all sectors, all sizes.
- Support the creation of new products, processes, and services.
- Provide access to Brunel University’s world class research, academics, knowledge assets, student talent and specialised facilities.
- Provide access to real world projects and experience.
- Provide access to potential employment for students through the businesses they work with.
- Help SMEs access Brunel University’s world class research, academics, knowledge assets, student talent and specialised facilities all through collaboration with various department at Brunel University London including the business school.
- Provide access to student placements for special SME projects.
Aims and objectives for the project will be refined as we move forward. Our target is to reach businesses from London, who will be able to benefit from further support from the Co-Innovate programme:
Minimum of 12 hours of advice, information, knowledge.
Collaboration for 3 months or more with a student or academic.
- Access to 1:1 and group mentoring.
- Signposting to specialist services.
Brunel University is seeking to appoint an ERDF Project Management and Closure provider/consultant to:
- To support the closure of the ERDF funded Co-Innovate project/s) through a review of existing processes and documentation.
- Approve evidence for ERDF Claims
- Supervise the evidence collection for the Claim and Beneficiary Files to ensure they are in good order, making sure all evidence is accessible and correct for audit
- The supplier will support the Brunel ERDF team in the preparing for, managing and closing down of the project/s and any audit visits, and work with Brunel for these to meet compliance systems and processes in line with ESIF requirements.
- Maintain an updated knowledge of ERDF Funding Rules and Regulations
- Ensure all Project activities, including those services provided by other Brunel University London departments and external suppliers, conform to ERDF Funding Rules and Regulations
- Maintain the library of ERDF background documents
The successful provider must demonstrate:
- Experience and knowledge of general and specific matters identified in the tender.
- An ability to meet deadlines and adapt to a flexible approach to the demands of the project and the department.
Budget & Pricing
The maximum budget for this ERDF procured service is £24000 inclusive of VAT.
Place of Work and Equipment
The applicant can work on their own computer but will be given a local login address and email to enable them to work with the university. The place of work will be on a hybrid basis and will be agreed upon business need.
The successful applicant will require set up on the university finance system.
Payment will be made in arrears upon the receipt of an invoice from the successful provider in accordance with Brunel University normal terms and conditions. Invoicing will be monthly.
Duration of Contract
This consultancy will provide project closure support until the end of September 2023.
The provider will adhere to and comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act, the Health and Safety at Work Act, Environmental Policy and Equal Opportunities Policy in accordance with the University policies.
To apply, please provide the following information and documentation:
- Tender document with Name, Business Name, Address, Contact Telephone Number, Email Address describing your expertise and background in project management and specifically ERDF.
- What is your rate for full day of PM consultancy (7 hours) exclusive and inclusive of VAT and any other costs you would expect to be covered. Please list type of costs
- When are you available to start and what is your availability
- A quote for the overall service provision with the breakdown of costs for all planned activities of a maximum of 4 x A4 pages.
- Copy of your up-to-date CV with details of your skills and experience.
- Copy of your current business insurance i.e. Professional Indemnity and Public Liability.
- Your Company Registration Number or copy of a tax assessment page showing your UTR Number and/or a copy of an official document with this.
- 2 x business references. (can we contact them Yes/No)
Please confirm you are aware this work is ad hoc: YES/NO
A three-stage application process will be used:
Stage 1 – Receipt of Proposals. Please supply a full CV and covering letter detailing previous experience of supplying the required services – Closing date 1700 hours Friday 28th October 2022.
Stage 2 – A short list will be drawn up and applicants invited for Interview by 3th November 2022.
Stage 3 – Interviews to take place week commencing 7th November 2022 with intention of final decision being made.
The Selection Criteria will be against Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Ability, and Value for money. Scoring against the Selection Criteria will be flat (no weighting) 0 – 10.
Please submit your tender to Co-Innovate Operations Manager Rhona Denness Rhona.email@example.com, clearly marking the subject line "Co-Innovate Project Management Consultancy - Confidential".
If you have any queries please submit in writing by 24th October 2022 to Rhona Denness.