A Brunel degree in Economics and Finance gives you the gateway into a dynamic and successful future career.
Economics plays a crucial role in the operation, management and regulation of financial institutions, industry and government agencies. Our aim is to teach you 'employable knowledge' - knowledge which can be applied to real-world situations, giving you the skills you need to find the right role for you after you graduate.
Securing an economics and finance degree job is highly competitive so we’ll support you to gain a strong foundation in the skills employers are looking for.
The insight you will acquire during your degree will make you an invaluable asset to your future employer, as a knowledge of economics significantly enhances business aims such as strategic decision making, efficient resource allocation, cost saving implementation and sustainable management.
Our accredited courses offer exemptions to certain ACCA and CIMA exams once you graduate so if you plan to enter the world of professional accountancy this could be invaluable.
Furthermore, our support doesn’t stop once you leave Brunel. You’ll have access to our Professional Development Centre who can give expert career support and help to prepare you for interviews and assessment centres for up to two year after you graduate.
Our Economics and Finance graduates do great things
Many of our graduates have landed roles in high-profile companies after studying with us. Some of these include:
- The City: Merrill Lynch, NatWest, Morgan Stanley
- Chartered Accountancy: PricewaterhouseCoopers, KPMG
- Central Government: the Bank of England, the Treasury, the Cabinet Office, the Department of Transport
- Local Government: finance departments, corporate planning, the National Audit Office, health trusts and authorities
- Industry: BP, Rank Xerox, Marks and Spencer, ICL
- Other: CBI, the Civil Aviation Authority, British Airways
Supporting you across your career journey