Brunel Sport Privacy Notice
Brunel Sport – Privacy Notice (last updated on 14th August 2018)
What is the purpose of this Privacy Notice?
Brunel University London is a “data controller” which means we have to tell you certain information when asking for your personal information.
If you have any queries about this Privacy Notice or how we use your personal information, please contact the Sports Department in the first instance (http://www.brunel.ac.uk/life/sport/contact-us). If you do not receive a satisfactory answer, you can contact the Data Protection Officer (Mary Liddell) at email@example.com or in writing to Brunel University London, Kingston Lane, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 3PH.
Personal Information we will collect about you
As part of either your membership with Brunel Sport, registering for using the online bookings app or as part of your event booking, we will collect the following personal information from you:
- your name and address
- your date of birth
- your contact details including email address and telephone number
- information about your use of the bookings app (e.g. what you have read)
How we use your Personal Information
We will only process your personal information in ways which are necessary to manage your bookings and/or membership. In practice, this means that your personal information may be used in the following ways:
- to help us communicate with members / users
- to allow you to send communications to us
- to form part of Brunel Sport’s recording and analysis of facility usage and finance
- to help us (or the app developers) improve the bookings app to make it better for all users
- to administer the app (such as troubleshooting, data analysis, research)
- to administer one off services as part of your booking e.g. supply of catering by Brunel’s third party caterer
Keeping your Personal Information
Brunel Sport works with Gladstone MRM Ltd who provide the membership and bookings software and act as the data processor. Gladstone follows industry standards to protect your personal information. Data is stored on Brunel’s servers and held within the European Economic Area.
In line with the spirit of the General Data Protection Regulation, information will not be kept for longer than necessary. In the case of Brunel Sport, this will be a period of 2 years after your membership ceases.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- The right to access information that we hold about you. If you wish to receive a copy of the information that we hold, please contact the Data Protection Officer (details above)
- The right to ask us to change, amend or delete the information that we hold about you. You can also ask us to restrict the use we make of your information. You can use the check boxes on the forms within the app to do this or you can also request that we change, amend, delete your information or restrict our processing by emailing the Data Protection Officer or writing to us at the details above
- The right to request that your personal data is transferred by us to another organisation (data portability). Please contact the Data Protection Officer with the details of what you would like us to do and we will try our best to comply with your request
- We will not intentionally carry out any automated decision making but if the you have any questions or concerns, we would be happy to discuss them with you
If you make a request to us under this Privacy Notice and you are unhappy with the response, you can ask for the request to be reviewed under our internal complaints procedure. If you have been through the internal complaints procedure and are still not happy with the result, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can be contacted as follows:
Add: Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Gladstone MRM Ltd