We have a team of over 30 staff who are here to help you improve your employability by developing the skills and experience needed to stand out in the job market.
Here's some more information about what we do, and how you can get in touch:
- Our Careers team will help you explore your career options and provide a range of support and opportunities for you.
- Our Placement team will work with you to find, apply for and make the most of placement opportunities on your course.
- Our Employer Engagement team are the first point of contact for employers wanting to engage with the PDC. They're responsible for organising events on campus such as the Autumn and Summer recruitment fairs, presentations and the Uncovered and Employer Pop-up events.
- Our Innovation Hub team can help your develop your business ideas, providing expert advice, workshops and events.
- Our Job Shop team are here to help you find part-time work on-campus, in the local area and nationally. The team also act as the HR function for all students employed in on-campus positions.
- Our Modern Languages team offers you the opportunity to learn a new language. Our classes will help you develop competence in the four key skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing. Classes are taught by qualified and experienced language teachers who create a fun and stimulating learning environment.
- Our Administration and Careers Information team support the entire department. The Administration team support the administrative processes of the department and are also responsible for the annual Destinations of Leavers of Higher Education surveys and the Careers Information staff manage the careers information resources of the PDC - electronic and traditional library materials.