Dr Ahmed Saleh
Lecturer in Accounting & Business Intelligence
Eastern Gateway 202
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 265453
- Business Accounting
- Brunel Business School
- College of Business, Arts and Social Sciences
- Ahmed Saleh joined Brunel Business School as a Lecturer in Accounting and Business Intelligence in 2023. Before joining Brunel University London, Ahmed worked at Coventry University for 5 years as an Assistant Professor in Accounting and the Associate Academic Director of the Accounting and Finance for International Business Course. Also, Worked as at the University of East London as a Lecturer in Accounting for three years. Ahmed Completed his PhD in Accountancy at the University of Aberdeen in Scotland in November 2015.
- Ahmed has published in internationally recognised journals, such as Critical Perspectives on Accounting, Business Strategy and the Environment, and the International Journal of Finance and Economics.
- Ahmed’s research interests are in the areas of Corporate Reporting, Corporate Governance, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Corporate Social Responsibility, ESG Practices, and Earnings Management.
- Ahmed is a aqualified member of CPA Australia, one of the world’s leading professional accounting bodies since 2023.
- Ahmed is a member of the Accounting and Auditing Research Group at Brunel University London.
- BSc (Accountancy) from Mansoura University, Egypt
- MSc (Accountancy) from Mansoura University, Egypt
- PhD (Accountancy) from the University of Aberdeen, UK.
- A member of CPA Australia.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education from School of Education and Communities at the University of East London.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy in the UK.
Newest selected publications
Eliwa, Y., Aboud, A. and Saleh, A. (2023) 'Board gender diversity and ESG decoupling: Does religiosity matter?'. Business Strategy and the Environment, 0 (ahead of print). pp. 1 - 22. ISSN: 0964-4733 Open Access Link
Saleh, A., Aboud, A. and Eliwa, Y. (2022) 'IFRS 8 and the cost of capital in Europe'. International Journal of Finance and Economics, 0 (ahead of print). ISSN: 1076-9307 Open Access Link
Eliwa, Y., Aboud, A. and Saleh, A. (2019) 'ESG practices and the cost of debt: Evidence from EU countries'. Critical Perspectives on Accounting, 79. pp. 1 - 21. ISSN: 1045-2354 Open Access Link
Saleh, A. and Roberts, C. (2017) 'The impact of online corporate reporting quality on analyst following and properties of their EPS forecasts'. Journal of Accounting and Management Information Systems, 16 (1). pp. 59 - 88. ISSN: 1583-4387