Dr Fabio Simonetti
Lecturer (Education) in European History and Warfare
- Email: email@example.com
- Social Science and Communications
- Social and Political Sciences
- College of Business, Arts and Social Sciences
Fabio Simonetti is a social and oral historian specialising in Italian and European Modern History, transnational and gendered encounters in conflict zones, occupation studies, and Second World War Anglo-Italian relations.
Fabio joined Brunel University London after completing his PhD in Italian Studies at the University of Reading, where he also taught Italian and European History modules from 2019 to 2022. His PhD project, entitled ‘Encounters in Wartime Italy: British Soldiers and Italian Civilians, 1943-1944’, was an AHRC-funded Collaborative Doctoral Partnership (CDP) between the University of Reading and the Imperial War Museums (IWM). His interdisciplinary project aimed at reframing the social relationship between occupiers and occupied in Allied-occupied Italy by exploring war as a means for human interconnection and concentrating on issues of space, gender, and racism.
- PhD in Italian Studies – University of Reading
- MA in Modern and Contemporary History – Università di Roma 'Sapienza'
- BA in History – Università di Roma 'Sapienza'