Professor Hua Zhao
Acting Vice Provost & Dean of College - CEDPS
Howell Building 109b
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 266698
- Interim Vice-Provost & Dean of College of Engineering, Design and Physiccal Sciences
- Vice Dean Research, College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences
- Chairman, College Research Ethics Committee
- Director, Centre for Advanced Powertrain and Fuels (CAPF)
- Head of Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, 20109-2014
- Former course directors for BEng/MEng Degrees in Motorsport Engineering, MSc in Automotive and Motorsport Engineering
- Supervisor and faculty advisor for Brunel Formula Student and Brunel Master Racing teams
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- BEng., Tianjin University, China.
- PhD., Leeds University, U.K..
- FIMechE., Fellow of Institution of Mechanical Engineers (UK).
- DSc., Brunel University London.
- FSAE, Fellow of Society of Automotive Engineers (US)
- FREng, Fellow of Royal Academy of Engineering (UK)
- College Research Fellow, Cambridge University, 1989-1992.
- Research Fellow, Imperial College of London, 1992-1994.
- Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Reader, Brunel University London, 1994-2001.
- Professor, Brunel University London, 2002-now.
BEng CEng PhD DSC FIMechE FSAE FREng
- Recipient of 1997 Caleb Brett Award by the Institute of Energy for the best paper published on fuels or lubricants, 1998.
- Recipient of 1998 Safety Award by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers for the best paper published on the safey aspect of mechanical engineering, 1999.
- Recipient of the 2004 PE Publishing Award by the Professional Engineering Publishing for the best paper published at the International Journal of Engines Research, 2005.
- SAE Certificate for Excellence in Oral Presentation at SAE 2005 Internaltional Congress.
- 2009 Winner of the LowCVP Technology Challenge for patented RegenEBD Technology
- 2012 Winner of Islands of Excellence of FISITA2012 World Automotive Congress
- 2015 Herbert Akroyd Stuart Prize the Institution of Mechanical Engineers for the best paper on IC engines.
- 2017 Herbert Akroyd Stuart Prize the Institution of Mechanical Engineers for the best paper on IC engines.
- Visiting Professor, Tianjin University, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shangdong University, Jilin University, Chongqing University of Post and Telecommunications, Hunan University
- Honory Professor, Jilin University
- Chairman of Powertrain System and Fuels Group (PSFG) Board, IMechE, 2014-2018
- Royal Academy of Engineering, Research Committee and Senior Fellowship Committee.
- External Examiner:
Bradford University (1), University of Brighton (2), University College of London (2), University of Manchester (2), City University London (3), University of Bath (3), University of Nottingham (2), Queens University of Belfast (1), University of Birmingham (1), University of Lund in Sweden (3), Cambridge University (2), Oxford University (1), University of Sussex (2), Queen Mary University of London (1). University of Hudderfield (1), Chamer University in Sweden (1), Polytechnic University of Valencia (1)
- Chairman of IMechE International Conference on IC Engines and Fuels, 2017, 2019.
- Co-Chair of Engineering Foundation conference on IC Engines for future vehicles, 2010,2012,2015, 2017, 2020.
- Ricardo UK Ltd., BP, SAIC, YuChai, Ferrari, Geely, Petrobras, Cosworth, Greatwall Automotive, FAW, Visteon, Mechadyne International.
Newest selected publications
Wang, X., Ma, J. and Zhao, H. (2018) 'Analysis of the Effect of the Bore/Stroke (B/S) Ratio and Scavenge Port Angles on the Scavenging Process in a 2-Stroke Boosted Uniflow Scavenged Direct Injection Gasoline (BUSDIG) Engine'. Proc. IMechE, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, 232 (13). pp. 1799 - 1814. ISSN: 0954-4070 Open Access Link
Dalla Nora, M., Lanzanova, TDM. and Zhao, H. (2018) 'Investigation of performance and combustion characteristics of a four-valve supercharged two-stroke DI engine fuelled with gasoline and ethanol'. Fuel, 227. pp. 401 - 411. ISSN: 0016-2361
Feng, D., Buresheid, K., Zhao, H., Wei, H. and Chen, C. (2018) 'Investigation of lubricant induced pre-ignition and knocking combustion in an optical spark ignition engine'. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, 37 (4). pp. 4901 - 4910. ISSN: 1540-7489
Wang, X., Ma, J. and Zhao, H. (2018) 'Analysis of scavenge port designs and exhaust valve profiles on the in-cylinder flow and scavenging performance in a two-stroke boosted uniflow scavenged direct injection gasoline engine'. International Journal of Engine Research, 19 (5). pp. 509 - 527. ISSN: 1468-0874 Open Access Link
Pedrozo, VB., May, I., Guan, W. and Zhao, H. (2018) 'High efficiency ethanol-diesel dual-fuel combustion: A comparison against conventional diesel combustion from low to full engine load'. Fuel, 230. pp. 440 - 451. ISSN: 0016-2361 Open Access Link