Professor Robin Jarvis
Professor - Accounting
Eastern Gateway 104n
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 265128
- Business Accounting
- Brunel Business School
- College of Business, Arts and Social Sciences
Robin Jarvis has been Professor of Accounting at Brunel since January 2010 and Special Adviser to the European Federation of Accountants and Auditors. Robin is also a member of and past chair (2004 -2009) of the EU Financial Services User Group (An expert forum set up by the European Commission to improve policy making in the field of financial services from a user perspective (consumer and small business). http://europa.eu.int/comm/internal_market/fin-use_forum/index_en.htm
Membership of Advisory Panels and Working Groups
- International Accounting Standards Board (IASB): Advisory Panel on financial reporting by small and medium-sized entities and in emerging and transition economies 2003 -2009
- UK Treasury Working Group : access to finance for SMEs
- European Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG) - Supervisory Board, Member; Nominating Committee, and SME Working Group 2004 - 2015
- International Federations of Accountants (IFAC) - Small Medium Size Practices Committee. Chair SME Financial Reporting Task Force.
- UEAPME - Economic and Fiscal Committee
- Federation Des Experts Comptables Europeens -SME Working Party
- Council Member of the Institute of Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Editorial Boards of Research Journals
- International Small Business Journal, Sage Publications
- Strategic Change: Briefings in Entrepreneurial Finance, Wiley
- Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development
- International Journal of Business Excellence
Divisional Research Head: Accounting and Auditing Research Group
Newest selected publications
Jarvis, R. (2017) 'Performance measurement in Small and Medium Size Entities', in Harris, E. (ed.) The Routledge Companion to Performance Management and Control. London : Routledge. pp. 356 - 371. ISBN 10: 1317429923. ISBN 13: 9781138913547.
Collis, J., Jarvis, R. and Skerratt, L. (2017) 'The role and current status of IFRS in the completion of national accounting rules: Evidence from the UK'. Accounting in Europe, 14 (1-2). pp. 235 - 247. ISSN: 1744-9480 Open Access Link
Jarvis, R., McAteer, M. and Beddows, S. (2016) 'Britain’s debt, how much is too much?'.
Jarvis, R., McAteer, M. and Beddows, S. (2014) 'Payday lending: fixing a broken market, ACCA (2014),'.
Jarvis, R., Stoain, C. and Mirovic, R. (2014) 'International Advisory Services Provided by Small and Medium-sized Accountancy Practices'.