Robin Jarvis has been Professor of Accounting at Brunel since January 2010 and Special Adviser to the European Federation of Accountants and Auditors. Robin is also a member of and past chair (2004 -2009) of the EU Financial Services User Group (An expert forum set up by the European Commission to improve policy making in the field of financial services from a user perspective (consumer and small business). http://europa.eu.int/comm/internal_market/fin-use_forum/index_en.htm
Membership of Advisory Panels and Working Groups
- International Accounting Standards Board (IASB): Advisory Panel on financial reporting by small and medium-sized entities and in emerging and transition economies 2003 -2009
- UK Treasury Working Group : access to finance for SMEs
- European Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG) - Supervisory Board, Member; Nominating Committee, and SME Working Group
- International Federations of Accountants (IFAC) - Small Medium Size Practices Committee. Chair SME Financial Reporting Task Force.
- UEAPME - Economic and Fiscal Committee
- Federation Des Experts Comptables Europeens -SME Working Party
- Council Member of the Institute of Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Editorial Boards of Research Journals
- International Small Business Journal, Sage Publications
- Strategic Change: Briefings in Entrepreneurial Finance, Wiley
- Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development
- International Journal of Business Excellence
Divisional Research Head: Accounting and Auditing Research Group
Newest selected publications
Jarvis, R. (2017) 'Performance measurement in Small and Medium Size Entities.', inThe Routledge Companion to Performance Management and Control. Routledge. ISBN 10: 1317429923.
Collis, J., Jarvis, R. and Skerratt, L. (2017) 'The role and current status of IFRS in the completion of national accounting rules: Evidence from the UK'. Accounting in Europe, 14 (1-2). pp. 235 - 247. ISSN: 1744-9480 Open Access Link
Jarvis, R., McAteer, M. and Beddows, S. (2016) 'Britain’s debt, how much is too much?'.
Jarvis, R., McAteer, M. and Beddows, S. (2014) 'Payday lending: fixing a broken market, ACCA (2014),'.
Jarvis, R., Stoain, C. and Mirovic, R. (2014) 'International Advisory Services Provided by Small and Medium-sized Accountancy Practices'.