Dr Yun Wang
Research Fellow II (MAE)
Gardiner Building 111
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 268536
Dr Wang joined BCAST as a research fellow in December 2007. He obtained his PhD in materials science at University of Sheffield, and worked as a research fellow at University of Sheffield and University of Surrey.
Dr Wang’s main research interests are solidification processing, microstructural characterisation, heat treatment and phase transformation of light metals and alloys. His current research focuses on revelation of the nature of oxide films and other inclusions in alloy melt, understanding of heterogeneous nucleation mechanisms for Al- and Mg-based alloys, and microstructural characterisation of light alloys by high resolutuion electron microscopy, including aberration (Cs) corrected scanning transmission electron microscopy.
- Y. Wang, G. Liu and Z Fan, “Microstructural evolution of rheo-diecast AZ91D Mg alloy during heat treatment”, Acta Mater. 54(2006), 689.
- Y. Wang, M.Xia, Z.Fan, X.Zhou and G.E. Thompson, “The effect of Al8Mn5 intermetallic particles on grain size of as-cast Mg-Al-Zn AZ91D alloy”, Intermetallics, 18(2010), 1683.
- Y. Wang, G Liu and Z Fan, “A new heat treatment procedure for rheo-diecast AZ91D Mg alloy”, Scripta Mater. 54(2006), 903.
- Y. Wang, Z Fan, X Zhou and G.E. Thompson, “Characterisation of magnesium oxide and its interface with alpha-Mg in Mg-Al based alloys”, Philos. Mag. Letts., 91(2011) 516-529.
- Z. Fan, Y. Wang, Y. Zhang, T. Qin, XR. Zhou, GE. Thompson, T. Pennycook, T. Hashimoto, Grain refining mechanism in the Al/Al–Ti–B system, Acta Mater. 84(2015) pp.292-304.
- Z. Fan, Y. Wang, M. Xia and S. Arumuganathar, “Enhanced heterogeneous nucleation in AZ91D alloy by intensive melt shearing”, Acta Mater, 57(2009), 4891.
- Y. Wang, G. Liu and Z. Fan, “A new heat treatment procedure for rheo-diecast AZ91D Mg alloy”, Scripta Mater. 54(2006), 903.
- M. Hitchcock, Y. Wang and Z. Fan, “Secondary solidification behaviour of rheo-diecast Al-Si-Mg Al alloy”, Acta Mater. 55(2007) 1589.
- H-T Li, Y. Wang Y, Z Fan “Mechanisms of enhanced heterogeneous nucleation during solidification in binary Al-Mg alloys”, Acta Mater. 60(2012), 1528.
- L. Wang, W. Lu, Q. Hu, M. Xia, Y. Wang, J Li, Interfacial tuning for the nucleation of liquid AlCu alloy, Acta Mater. 139(2017) 75.
- G. Liu, Y. Wang, Z. Fan, A physical approach to the direct recycling of Mg-alloy scrap by the rheo-diecasting process, Mater. Sci. Eng. A, 472(2008) 251.
- S. Ji, Y. Wang, D. Watson, Z. Fan, Microstructural evolution and solidification behavior of Al-Mg-Si Alloy in high-pressure die casting, Metall. Mater. Trans.A, 44A(2013) 3185.
- Y. Wang, H. Jones and PV. Evans, “Eutectic solidification characteristics of Bridgman grown Al-3Fe-0.1V alloy”, J. Mater. Sci., 33(1998), 5205.
- A. Sareen, Y. Wang, Ulf. Sodervall, Per Lundgren and S. Bengtsson, “Effect of Si cap layer on parasitic channel operation in Si/SiGe metal–oxide–semiconductor structures”, J. Appl. Phys. 93(2003), 3545.
- Y. Wang and H. Jones, "Effects of growth velocity on the growth temperature of the Al-AlxFe eutectic in Al-2.85Fe-0.12V alloy", Metall. Mater. Trans. A, 32A(2001), 1251.
- Y. Wang, W.M. Rainforth, H. Jones and M. Lieblich, “Dry wear behaviour and its relation to microstructure of novel 6092 aluminium alloy–Ni3Al powder metallurgy composite”, Wear, 251(2001), 1421.
- Y. Wang, GW. Lorimer and FR. Sale, “Microstructural development during consolidation of rapidly solidified Al-Fe-V-Si powder by VHP, extrusion and rolling”, Scripta Metall. Mater. 31(1994) 1337.
Newest selected publications
Tzamtzis, S., Zhang, H., Liu, G., Wang, Y., Hari Babu, N. and Fan, Z. (2009) 'Melt conditioned high pressure die casting (MC-HPDC) of Mg-alloys'.Magnesium Technology Symposium 2009. San Francisco, CA. 15 - 19 February. MINERALS, METALS & MATERIALS SOC. pp. 91 - 96. ISSN: 1545-4150
Xia, M., Wang, Y., Li, H., Arumuganathar, S., Zuo, Y., Scamans, GM. and (2009) 'Refinement of solidification microstructure by MCAST process'.Magnesium Technology Symposium 2009. San Francisco, CA. 15 - 19 February. MINERALS, METALS & MATERIALS SOC. pp. 135 - 140. ISSN: 1545-4150et al.
Fan, Z., Wang, Y., Zhang, ZF., Xia, M., Li, HT., Xu, J., (2009) 'Shear enhanced heterogeneous nucleation in some Mg- and Al-alloys'. International Journal of Cast Metals Research, 22 (1-4). pp. 318 - 322. ISSN: 1364-0461 Open Access Linket al.
Fan, Z., Wang, Y., Xia, M. and Arumuganathar, S. (2009) 'Enhanced heterogeneous nucleation in AZ91D alloy by intensive melt shearing'. Acta Materialia, 57 (16). pp. 4891 - 4901. ISSN: 1359-6454
Fan, Z., Xia, M., Zhang, H., Liu, G., Patel, JB., Bian, Z., (2009) 'Melt conditioning by advanced shear technology (MCAST) for refining solidification microstructures'. International Journal of Cast Metals Research, 22 (1-4). pp. 103 - 107. ISSN: 1364-0461 Open Access Linket al.