23 Jan 2017 to 25 Jan 2017
We are delighted to announce that the 3rd Diagnostics and the Developing World Conference will be held at Brunel University London, on Monday 23 to Wednesday 25 January 2017.
This free conference brings together clinicians, academics, epidemiologists, engineers and key stakeholders who have a keen interest in the area of diagnostics for the developing world. DDW provides a platform for collaborations between a unique group of stakeholders from across the globe to tackle the key issues and challenges being faced, such as - the slow pace of diagnostic development, regulatory approval and technology adoption bottlenecks.
DDW includes talks, workshops and posters on the subjects of:
Day 1: The Path from Bench to Bedside
Day 2: Emerging Technologies for the Developing World
Day 3: The Way Forward
There will be a poster session, we are accepting poster abstracts until 16 December 2016, and these can be submitted for review via our website.
Keynote speakers confirmed include:
- Professor Yap Boum, Epicentre, Research arm of MSF, Cameroon
- Dr Sam Sia, Columbia University, USA
- Dr Dave Persing, Cepheid, USA
- Professor John Watson, Department of Health, UK
- Dr Andy Andy Ramsay, World Health Organisation
- Professor Rosanna Peeling, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Professor Rachel McKendry, UCL, London
- Dr Simone Borsci, NIHR DEC, Imperial College London
- Dr Abraham Jacobus ‘Kobus’ Herbst, Africa Centre for Population Health, South Africa
- Professor David Mabey, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Dr Tariq Sadiq, St. George’s, University of London
- Professor Amit Dinda, All India Institute Of Medical Sciences, Delhi, India
- Professor Wamadeva Balachandran, Brunel University London
- Deusdedit Tusubira, Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Uganda Further keynote speakers and the full programme will be unveiled in the coming weeks. A design workshop will be run by the Imperial NIHR DEC team on the evening of Day 2 which can be signed up for separately. We look forward to welcoming you to Brunel University London.
Registration is now live. Please register your attendance at the link below to secure your place. Further keynote speakers and the full programme will be unveiled in the coming weeks. We look forward to welcoming you to Brunel University London.