ETC uses its facilities and the expertise of its staff to provide a number of services to industry and academia.
UKAS accredited services
The ETC provides a series of UKAS accredited analytical services:
- Asbestos analysis of air filters
- asbestos analysis of wipe samples
- asbestos analysis in dust and bulk samples
- asbestos analysis in water and parenteral medicines
- qualitative chemical analysis by XRF and SEM
- quantitative chemical analysis by SEM
- heavy metal determination in herbal medicines
- qualitative analysis by FTIR
- qualitative analysis by XRD
- quantitative analysis of austenite in steel by XRD
For any consultancy inquiry please contact us
The ETC provides an expert service in Failure Analysis of engineering components and products. Using an appropriate combination of microscopy and analytical techniques we can determine the underlying causes of failure; whether this be due to a weakness in design, material properties or, more commonly, the effect of operational or environmental factors.
We have experience in the investigation of packaging materials and systems, marine structures, road and rail transport equipment, aerospace engineering, microelectronic devices and general engineering components
The ETC offers forensic analysis of particles to determine the composition and probable origin of any dust sample.
The techniques used for this type of analysis include light microscopy, transmission electron microscopy, scanning electron microscopy and X-ray diffraction as well as particle sizing and counting.
The identification of nuisance dusts, toxic and hazardous particulates are vital in many areas of public health, industrial pollution control and food hygiene. The identification of particulates is of particular value to local councils, industrial hygienists and the legal profession.