Research Impact: Solutions to Worldwide Problems
Brunel University London is firmly within the top quarter of research universities in the UK according to REF 2014, with a number of areas of study including public health, sports science, art and design, politics, and environmental and earth sciences, recognised as world-leading or internationally excellent for research impact.
Brunel’s research continues both to increase our understanding of the world about us and also to produce truly world-changing solutions:
- Institute of Materials and Manufacturing – Improving the performance of materials and structures
- Institute of Environment, Health, and Societies – Improving our environments, health and wellbeing and promoting social justice
- Institute of Energy Futures – Improving energy usage and reducing greenhouse gas emissions
The breadth of our impact extends to the excellent research in our Colleges:
- College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences
- College of Business, Arts and Social Sciences
- College of Health and Life Sciences
Excellence in Research
The University recognises and values its research staff and holds a European Commission HR Excellence in Research award for its commitment to supporting its researchers.
Athena SWAN Bronze Award
Brunel University has achieved an Athena SWAN Bronze award for its efforts to promote the equal representation of women in science-related subjects.
Our Research Integrity Code
Brunel University London has adopted the Universities UK Concordat to support research integrity and is committed to upholding the essential elements of the concordat in an effective and transparent manner.
We have a Research Integrity Code which draws together our policies regarding research integrity matters. See Policies and Procedures for all our policies, including this code.Research integrity in our practice, policy and procedures is one of our core values. We have clear policies regarding research conduct.
The senior officer responsible for dealing with cases of suspected misconduct is Mr Jim Benson, Secretary to Council. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.