Academic and Professional Qualifications
- BSc (1st Class Honours) Mechanical Engineering - University of Westminster
- PhD Department of Mechanical Engineering - University of Westminster, 1982. Thesis titled `An Investigation of the Criteria to Give Optimum Performance from a Variable Capacity Heat Pump\'.
- MBA Master of Business Administration - University of Westminster, 1987.
- CEng Chartered Engineer, 1983.
- MIMechE Corporate member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, 1983.
- MASHRAE Member of the American Society of Heating Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers, 1989.
- MIIR – Member of International Institute of Refrigeration
- MIOR -
- 1978 - 1981 Research Assistant - University of Westminster.
- 1981 - 1986 Lecturer in thermofluids and energy - University of Westminster.
- 1986 to date - Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader/Professor in Thermodynamics and Building Services Engineering - Brunel University London.
- 2001 - 2004 Head of Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 2004 to date. Head of School of Engineering and Design
Newest selected publications
Wu, H., Tassou, SA., Karayiannis, TG. and Jouhara, H. (2013) 'Analysis and simulation of continuous food frying processes'. Applied Thermal Engineering, 53 (2). pp. 332 - 339. ISSN: 1359-4311 Open Access Link
Suamir, IN. and Tassou, SA. (2013) 'Performance evaluation of integrated trigeneration and CO2 refrigeration systems'. Applied Thermal Engineering, 50 (2). pp. 1487 - 1495. ISSN: 1359-4311
Gowreesunker, BL., Tassou, SA. and Kolokotroni, M. (2012) 'Improved simulation of phase change processes in applications where conduction is the dominant heat transfer mode'. Energy and Buildings, 47. pp. 353 - 359. ISSN: 0378-7788 Open Access Link
Suamir, IN., Tassou, SA. and Marriott, D. (2012) 'Integration of CO2 refrigeration and trigeneration systems for energy and GHG emission savings in supermarkets'. International Journal of Refrigeration, 35 (2). pp. 407 - 417. ISSN: 0140-7007
Kythreotou, N., Florides, G. and Tassou, SA. (2012) 'A proposed methodology for the calculation of direct consumption of fossil fuels and electricity for livestock breeding, and its application to Cyprus'. Energy. ISSN: 0360-5442