- 1998: PhD, University of Marburg and University of Bochum (Germany)
- 1993: Diplom in Biology, University of Bochum (Germany)
- Since 2010: Lecturer in Biomedical Sciences, Brunel University London
- 2004-2010: Lecturer, University of Kiel (Germany)
- 2002-2004: Postdoctoral Scientist, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester
- 2000-2002: Postdoctoral Scientist, Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Glasgow
- 1998-1999: Postdoctoral Scientist, University of Bern (Switzerland)
Newest selected publications
Hoefken, T. (2017) 'Ecm22 and Upc2 regulate yeast mating through control of expression of the mating genes PRM1 and PRM4'. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 493 (4). pp. 1485 - 1490. ISSN: 0006-291X Open Access Link
Joshua, IM. and Hoefken, T. (Accepted) 'From lipid homeostasis to differentiation: Old and new functions of the zinc cluster proteins Ecm22, Upc2, Sut1 and Sut2'. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. ISSN: 1422-0067 Open Access Link
Kennedy, H., Haack, TB., Hartill, V., Matakovic, L., Baumgartner, ER., Potter, H., (2016) 'Sudden cardiac death due to deficiency of the mitochondrial inorganic pyrophosphatase PPA2'. The American journal of human genetics. ISSN: 0002-9297 Open Access Linket al.
Woods, K. and Höfken, T. (2015) 'The zinc cluster proteins Upc2 and Ecm22 promote filamentation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by sterol biosynthesis-dependent and -independent pathways.'. Mol Microbiol. Open Access Link
Hoefken, T. (2011) 'Candida and candidiasis', in Kishore, U. and Nayak, A. (eds.) Microbial pathogenesis: Infection and immunity. Springer Science+Business Media and Landes Bioscience. pp. 82 - 114. ISBN 13: 978-1-4614-9529-1.