MBA Scholarship terms and conditions 2017/8
1. Scholarship details
The Brunel Business School (BBS) are offering 25 MBA scholarships for UK/EU and international applicants joining the full-time Brunel MBA in September 2017 and January 2018 of the 2017/18 academic year.
Successful awardees will be expected to undertake specified duties as Brunel Ambassadors for the Brunel Business School (BBS). Activities might involve representing the MBA programme at internal and external marketing and recruitment events, providing guest talks and seminars to undergraduate/postgraduate students, providing reports on each event and writing a Brunel MBA Blog and / or other initiatives as appropriate. In addition, awardees will also be expected to assume mentoring responsibilities as required by BBS.
Value: £6,420 tuition fee waiver (to be discounted from the total course tuition fee)
How many: 25 scholarships are available
1. Apply for the MBA programme in the usual way.
2. Applicants must complete the application form for the MBA scholarship by the final deadline:
20 August 2017 for the September intake.
30 November 2017 for the January 2018 intake.
The application will comprise of an essay of no more than 500 words explaining why the applicant would make good ambassador for the Brunel MBA. The candidate should describe how their academic study, professional experience and other activities merit the award.
3. Late applications will not be considered.
To be eligible for a full-time Brunel MBA Scholarship an applicant must:
- Apply and fulfill the entry criteria for admission to the Brunel Full-Time MBA programme.
- Be in receipt of an offer to study on the above programme starting in September 2017 or January 2018.
- Complete the Brunel MBA scholarship application form comprising of an essay of no more than 500 words and a supporting statement.
- Throughout the application year applicants will normally be interviewed by members of the MBA team to assess motivation and contribution to the cohort.
Applicants applying for the scholarship must pass a rigourous selection and a transparent evaluation process which includes a written essay as well as an interview conducted by the members of the BBS Scholarship Committee.
All applications will be reviewed on a regular basis throughout the year by the MBA Scholarship Committee. The Committee will be chaired by the Director of the MBA Program, Dr Dimitrios Koufopoulos, and will include as members: Dr Bidit Dey, Deputy MBA Director, Professor Francesco Moscone, and Andrew Ward, Director of Corporate Communications. The Head of School Professor Chris Pitelis and the Associate Head of School Professor Gallear will be ex officio members.
The committee members will be responsible for initiating and managing the communication with the applicants, alongside the marketing team. They will be screening the applications, interviewing the applicants and submit their recommendation to the committee. The committee will be responsible for producing a final list for eligible awardees.
- Applications for scholarships will be considered on the balance of eligibility criteria met by each applicant.
- The Panel will seek applicants from a wide range of industries and sectors. Preference may be given to those who specify an interest in undertaking one of the programme specialisations (Health Care Management and Aviation Management).
The decision of the allocation panel is final. The University will not accept any appeals in respect of the decisions made by the MBA Scholarship Committee.
Scholarships will be allocated twice a year. In July for the September intake and in December for the January intake.
4. Conditions of fee waiver
- The scheme is only available for those students registering for the September 2017 or January 2018 intake and cannot be deferred. Applicants who intend to defer their studies must re-apply for a scholarship in the year they will begin their studies. Applicants wishing to defer entry from September to January, will retain the award if they defer by November 2017.
- Fee waivers will only apply to students who have enrolled at the University on the MBA Full-Time programme and will apply in year 1 only.
- Awarded scholars are excluded from all other tuition fee waivers with the exception of the Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship and Prompt Payment Discount.
- Successful applicants will be required to be Brunel Ambassadors for the Brunel Business School (BBS). Please note that this is a key requirement of the award and by accepting the award you will be entering into an agreement to undertake these activities. Failure to comply with this agreement may lead to withdrawal of the award.
- The student agrees to abide by the University Code of Conduct.
- The student has no debts with Brunel University London.
5. Withdrawal of scholarship
- The University reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from anyone who is found to have misled the University about any aspect of their eligibility and to seek repayment of any monies already paid by appropriate means.
- If a student transfers to a course of study outside the MBA Full-Time programme, including the Part-Time MBA programme, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- Fee waivers are applied at the start of the academic year as part/all of a scholarship entitlement and will not normally be amended once the fee waiver has been processed. Any tuition fee liability remaining after fee waivers are applied would therefore be calculated in accordance with the Student Financial Policy.
- In the case of withdrawal or abeyance the tuition fee and the fee waiver are calculated in accordance with the Student Financial Policy.
- Periods of temporary withdrawal that result in repeat or extended periods of study are not supported by additional scholarship payments. Scholarship entitlement is for the maximum duration of each award and entitlement is not extended if overall course duration alters.
- Should a student be suspended for any reason, any scholarship payments would be withdrawn and consideration of reinstatement will be dependent on the disciplinary outcome.
If you have any questions or queries please email the MBA Director, Mr Dimitrios Koufopoulos on Dimitrios.firstname.lastname@example.org or the Deputy MBA Director Mr Bidit Dey on Bidit.Dey@brunel.ac.uk