UGT Occupational Therapy Academic Scholarship & Physiotherapy Academic Scholarship Home & EU scholarship
UGT Occupational Therapy Academic Scholarship & Physiotherapy Academic Scholarship for Home and EU students Terms and Conditions 2017/18
1. Scholarship details
This scholarship is only available to full-time undergraduate taught (UGT) students and will only be paid once for first year of study only.
Value: £1,000 fee waiver.
How many: 20 scholarships are available in total, 10 per course, for September 2017 entry.
Application process: Apply for the Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy course in the usual way, via UCAS. Successful applicants for the scholarship will be identified by the Admissions Tutor.
To be eligible for a Scholarship an applicant must:
- Apply for and fulfil the entry criteria for admission to the following courses:
o BSc Occupational Therapy: http://www.brunel.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/occupational-therapy-bsc
o BSc Physiotherapy: http://www.brunel.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/physiotherapy-bsc
- Be in receipt of an offer to study on one of the above programmes starting in September 2017.
- Have been assessed by Brunel University London as a Home or EU student for tuition fee purposes.
- All course applications will be reviewed by the Admissions Tutor and successful applicants for the scholarship will be identified based on the pre-admission selection process.
- Those identified as academically excellent in the Admission tutor’s professional judgement will be offered the scholarship.
- The decision of the Admissions Tutor is final.
- The University will not accept any appeals in respect of the decisions made by the Admissions Tutor.
- Scholarships will be allocated throughout the academic year.
4. Conditions of Payment
- Scholarships are awarded for the academic year 2017/18 only and cannot be deferred. Applicants who intend to defer their studies must re-apply for a scholarship in the year they will begin their studies.
- Fee waivers will only apply to students who have registered at the University on the BSc Occupational Therapy (pre-registration) or BSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration) programmes.
- If you are awarded this scholarship you will have the opportunity to represent the Physiotherapy/Occupational therapy programme as an Ambassador. This would primarily involve taking up opportunities to share your experiences of the professional education at Brunel with potential applicants to the programme.
- The scholarship will be awarded as a one off fee waiver against the tuition fees on the first year of entry. Scholarship payments will not be made during a repeating year.
- Only one scholarship/bursary can be paid to any one student in any one year with the exception of the Care Leaver Bursary and the David Sands Civil Engineering Scholarship.
- If a student is eligible for more than one scholarship/bursary, s/he will be awarded the one which will be the most financially beneficial across the full course duration and therefore will not be awarded the UGT Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy Scholarship.
- The student agrees to abide by the University Code of Conduct.
- The student has no debts with Brunel University London.
5. Withdrawal of scholarship
- The University reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from anyone who is found to have misled the University about any aspect of their eligibility and to seek repayment of any monies already paid by appropriate means.
- If a student transfers to a course of study outside the Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy programme, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- Fee waivers are applied at the start of the academic year as part/all of a scholarship entitlement and will not normally be amended once the fee waiver has been processed. Any tuition fee liability remaining after fee waivers are applied would therefore be calculated in accordance with the Student Financial Policy.
- In the case of withdrawal or abeyance the tuition fee and the fee waiver are calculated in accordance with the Student Financial Policy.
- Periods of temporary withdrawal that result in repeat or extended periods of study are not supported by additional scholarship payments. Scholarship entitlement is for the maximum duration of each award and entitlement is not extended if overall course duration alters.
- Should a student be suspended for any reason, any scholarship payments would be withdrawn and consideration of reinstatement will be dependent on the disciplinary outcome.
- Students who commence their studies and alter a course that involves starting again at level 1 will not normally be eligible for scholarship consideration against the new course.
Any queries relating to these terms and conditions should be addressed to the Admissions Office by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org