We are committed to the principles of promoting disability equality, as well as preventing and eliminating unlawful disability discrimination in employment.
We are a Disability Confident Leader and as such operate the Offer of Interview scheme (formerly the Guaranteed Interview Scheme) for disabled candidates who meet the minimum requirements of an advertised role.
We want all candidates to be able to perform at their best in the recruitment process. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please speak with a member of the hiring team, who will be happy to discuss your adjustment requirements.
The Disability Symbol by Jobcentre Plus was awarded to us for demonstrating our commitment to being positive about disabled people in employment, recruitment, retention and career progression.
By accepting the Disability Symbol, we have agreed to:
- to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
- to discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least once a year, what you can both do to make sure they can develop and use their abilities
- to make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- to take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
- to review these commitments every year and assess what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans
If you would like to find out more about the suitability of our university environment in terms of access and support, disabled candidates are advised to contact the Access to Work Business Centre on 0208 426 3110.
Alternatively disabled candidates may contact the local Disability Employment Advisor, Jobcentre Plus, Uxbridge on 020 8426 3000.
Declaring a disability
Access to work