The Brunel Innovation Voucher Scheme is specifically designed to promote collaborative innovation between Brunel and UK SMEs, social enterprises and third sector organisations by offering vouchers to be used toward the costs of collaborative projects, including access to the University’s facilities and researchers. The vouchers will be allocated to projects that develop new products, processes or services that will help the eligible organisation innovate, develop and grow.
The value of an Innovation Voucher is between £1,000 and £5,000, which covers specific university academic project costs. The company/organisation contributes an equal value in cash or in kind (such as staff time, materials or equipment) or a combination of both.
- Funding for university support for eligible organisations to develop new products or processes in collaboration with Brunel.
- Establish new contacts with Brunel researchers, many of whom have strong links in the UK and overseas.
- Access to the latest specialist research facilities that we have invested millions in.
- Being based in London and close to Heathrow, we are conveniently located.
The application process is straightforward. The following criteria apply – you must:
- Be defined as a small and medium size enterprise (SME). For example, have less than 250 employees and have less than £50 million turnover Or you are a social enterprise or third sector organisation
- Contribute in some way to the project
- Have an idea that will help you to innovate and grow
- Need specialist help to complete a challenge you are facing
- Be located in the UK
- Demonstrate the desire to build an ongoing relationship with Brunel
It is up to the eligible organisation owner/affiliate to decide the type of project they would like to pursue. We have academics in a range of fields from engineering to digital media to business so we will have the expertise to cover most projects.
To discuss the scheme to see if your project fits please get in touch.