DASH - Administrative Assistant
Details of the Charity:Share this
The Disablement Association Hillingdon (DASH) is a charity providing advice, support, and activities that allow disabled people who are a resident of Hillingdon to take control of their lives and become more independent, confident, and part of the community. The organisation offers advice and support for people with a disability and a range of sporting and recreational activities all focused on encouraging people to socialize with one another.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
In this role, you will assist the organisation's advice and advocacy service supporting DASH employees liaising with clients, and checking paperwork is kept updated. As an Administrative Assistant Volunteer, you will learn a set of skills such as organisational, multitasking, and data management.
Typical duties include:
- Contacting clients regularly, handling emails, phone calls, and other forms of communication
- Meeting with clients, asking questions, and collecting the relevant information
- Updating and maintaining databases, records, and files
- Handling sensitive information with discretion and adhering to security protocols
Please note, the Brunel Volunteers team would like you to commit to a minimum of 2-3 months.
- Volunteering Hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award
- Volunteering achievement recognised on your HEAR Transcript