Compass Theatre - Box Office Operator
Details of the Charity:Share this
Providing residents of the London Borough of Hillingdon with subsidised culture and arts spaces and venues, for producers of public arts activity which is for the artistic or educational benefit of Hillingdon residents, on a non-profit basis.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The theatres’ box office opens for in-person and phone bookings of theatre tickets, Tue-Fri from 12pm to 5pm and Sat from 10am to 1pm. These are referred to as ‘day’ shifts.
The box office is also open to sell tickets on the door from 1 hour before a performance starts. These are referred to as ‘show’ shifts. Shows can take place anytime but most commonly run evenings Wed-Sat. No cash is taken at the box office but card payments are taken over the phone and counter. Box Office operators use the council’s ticketing system, ProVenue, supplied by tickets.com.
Training is undertaken by shadowing existing staff or volunteers until ready to go alone. GDPR training is included. Once trained, volunteers are expected to operate alone behind the counter, in a staffed venue
- To be comfortable learning and using computer software including our ticketing CRM, gmail, word and excel.
- To act as receptionist when non-ticket related enquiries come in, redirecting them to our website or relevant staff.
- Theatre volunteers may request up to 2 free tickets from most shows (excluded are those raising funds for the Mayor of Hillingdon’s Charities and those raising funds for the Friends of Ickenham Hall, who raise funds for the fixtures and fittings of Compass Theatre. Tickets are limited to 10 free volunteers per show, 2 per volunteer, first come, first served.
- A free tea or coffee per shift is also provided.
- Volunteering Hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteers Awards