Blind Veterans- Driver (Uxbridge)
Details of the Charity:Share this
We believe that no one who has served our country should have to battle blindness alone.
All blind veterans should have access to the finest quality of services to help them discover life beyond sight loss.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Volunteer drivers are essential in helping our veterans get from A to B. Driving them from theirs homes to our social clubs, they enable our Members to do the things they like and need to do.
This role is ideal for someone who likes driving and getting out and about around Bexleyheath, once or twice a month on weekdays, during mornings and afternoons (sometimes available at short notice).
It’s simple: arrange pick up, let the veteran know the journey details, take them to the destination, and help them enter and exit the vehicle. Job done!
- Volunteers must be over the age of 21
- Have held their license for 2+ years
- Have your own car, but we will cover all reasonable expenses
- Reliable and punctual for our veterans
- Access to Health Assured, a confidential service that allows you to speak to a qualified, experiences counsellor on a range of issues and receive the advice and support you need.
- 24 hour service is free for you to use
- Volunteering Hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award