Compass Theatre - Puppet Production Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Providing residents of the London Borough of Hillingdon with subsidised culture and arts spaces and venues, for producers of public arts activity which is for the artistic or educational benefit of Hillingdon residents, on a non-profit basis.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
A group of volunteers at Compass Theatre have been making a full cast of puppets, all characters from the play Hans, The Witch and The Gobbin by Alan Cullen.
This is the play the first opened the theatre back in 1968. Compass Theatre is now looking to increase its puppet volunteer numbers to produce a puppet version of this play on stage.
Puppet production volunteers (Compass Puppet Club) will meet on Saturdays in the Studio at Compass Theatre, from 2 PM to 4 PM.
The production is planned for September 2023 and tickets for the show will be sold in aid of the Friends of Ickenham Hall.
Compass Theatre, Glebe Avenue, Ickenham, Uxbridge, UB10 8PD
- Interest in live theatre production
- Interest in puppeteering
- Interest in children’s theatre
- Free tickets to shows at Compass Theatre, subject to availability, up to 2 per show for registered theatre volunteers.
- Volunteering Hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award
- Volunteering achievement recognised on your HEAR Transcript