London Wildlife Trust - Practical Conservation Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Our vision is London alive with nature, where everyone can experience and enjoy wildlife.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
In this role, you will participate in various conservation projects aimed at preserving and enhancing natural habitats, wildlife, and ecosystems. As a practical conservation volunteer, you will have a set of skills such as habitat restoration, wildlife knowledge, environmental awareness, teamwork, problem-solving, and adaptability.
Typical duties include:
- Overseeing the health and vitality of wooded areas to enhance their ecological diversity and promote sustainable land use
- Identifying and removing invasive plant species that threaten native ecosystems
- Nurturing open grassy areas to encourage diverse plant species, support pollinators, and create natural habitats
- Maintaining and restoring fencing structures, walkways, or pathways
Please note, the Brunel Volunteers team would like you to commit to a minimum of 2-3 months.
- Volunteering Hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award
- Volunteering achievement recognised on your HEAR Transcript