DASH- Arabic Interpreter
Details of the Charity:Share this
We believe that disability is caused by the way society is organised and run. Disability is not caused by a person’s impairment but by a lack of access to equipment, services, employment/educational opportunities, and an appropriately designed environment.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The volunteer would enjoy meeting new people, engaging in conversation and interpreting between the client and the DASH employee. This will include asking questions and support explaining their answers.
Volunteers need to be able to commit to a regular slot, this can be weekly or fortnightly. Appointments will take place in person at the Hub, via telephone or via zoom.
The Volunteer's Main Responsibility
- Taking part in meetings.
- Acting as an independent voice between the client and DASH.
- Meeting with clients and collecting the relevant information.
- Using the computer to input client’s details.
- To uphold respect, trust and confidentiality.
Full training will be provided. You will be shadowing a DASH employee until you have completed your relevant training.
Reference checks will be required and a DBS will need to be obtained, the cost of this will be covered by DASH.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good Computer Skills
- Trustworthy and Reliable
- Knowledgeable and understanding of confidentiality.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- The ability to handle sensitive subjects with empathy
- Good reading and writing skills
- Sociable and approachable.
- Learn New Skills
- Meet new people
- Building Self- Confidence
- Volunteering Hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteer Awards