Compass Theatre - Volunteer Bar Person
Details of the Charity:Share this
Providing residents of the London Borough of Hillingdon with subsidised culture and arts spaces and venues, for producers of public arts activity which is for the artistic or educational benefit of Hillingdon residents, on a non-profit basis.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
As a valued bar volunteer, you will immerse yourself in the electrifying ambience by arriving one hour before each show, gracefully managing operations, and ensuring a seamless experience for patrons.
Your duties will encompass skilfully selling a variety of beverages and delectable snacks during the pre-show and intermission periods while maintaining a strong commitment to impeccable hygiene standards and the safety of all guests.
To ensure your success, comprehensive training will be provided through an engaging shadowing program alongside experienced volunteers and knowledgeable staff members.
- Friendly and able to cope under the pressure of a full-house all queuing up to get drinks and snacks before the show starts, then again for their interval drinks.
- Most shifts run with 2 volunteers behind the bar, but quieter shows are able to get by with just one, so the ability to cope alone (once trained) is required.
- Theatre volunteers may request up to 2 free tickets from most shows (excluded are those raising funds for the Mayor of Hillingdon’s Charities and those raising funds for the Friends of Ickenham Hall, who raise funds for the fixtures and fittings of Compass Theatre. Tickets are limited to 10 free volunteers per show, 2 per volunteer, first come, first served.
- A free tea or coffee per shift is also available.
- Volunteering Hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award
- Volunteering achievement recognised on your HEAR Transcript