DASH- Form Filling Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
We believe that disability is caused by the way society is organised and run. Disability is not caused by a person’s impairment but by a lack of access to equipment, services, employment/educational opportunities, and an appropriately designed environment.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Volunteers will demonstrate excellent communications skills and willing to spend time listening to the clients that they are supporting. This will include asking them questions and filling in their forms with relevant information in relation to their claim for a disability related benefit.
Volunteers need to be able to commit to a regular slot, this can be weekly or fortnightly. Appointments will take place in person or via zoom.
- Filling in forms based on the clients responses
- Recording work completed on our computer system
- Feeding back to supervisor/Manager
- Taking part in regular supervision sessions
- Meeting with clients and collecting the relevant information.
- Using the computer to input client’s details.
- To uphold respect, trust and confidentiality.
Full training will be provided. You will be shadowing a DASH employee until you have completed your relevant training.
Reference checks will be required and a DBS will need to be obtained, the cost of this will be covered by DASH.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good Computer Skills
- Trustworthy and Reliable
- Knowledgeable and understanding of confidentiality and Data Protection. (GDPR)
- The ability to handle sensitive subjects with empathy
- Good reading and writing skills
- Sociable and approachable.
- Learn New Skills
- Meet new people
- Building Self- Confidence
- Volunteering Hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteer Awards