Tutor The Nation - Volunteer Tutor
Details of the Charity:Share this
Our vision is a fairer education system. We aim to help state school students develop the confidence and skills they need to achieve their goals through free, online tutoring. Our volunteers are helping to transform lives, one tutoring session at a time.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Tutor The Nation is looking for university students, recent graduates and experienced tutors to volunteer 1 hour per week to provide free 1:1 online tutoring to disadvantaged GCSE and A-level students.
Our tutors have a big impact on the lives of pupils across the country. Your role is more than simply academic support but to be a positive role model and to give young people the confidence to work toward their future aspirations and beyond.
We aim to address the growing divergence of educational opportunity and educational success, between the relatively privileged and the relatively underprivileged. We do this by delivering online, 1:1, subject-specific, free tutoring sessions. What is more, our project is unique as our 1:1 online tutoring is completely free: to the pupils, tutors, schools, and the taxpayer. We interact directly with local councils to ensure that we support the young people who need it most.
- You are a UK university student, recent graduate, or experienced tutor
- Passionate and knowledgeable about your subject area(s)
- Empathy and compassion towards your student will make you a great tutor
- Commitment to a minimum of 1 hour per week for a State school term
- Maintain a growth mindset towards learning and tutoring practice
- Serve as a role model for your tutee
- Invaluable practical experience which will boost your CV and help you stand out from a crowd
- Volunteering Hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Awards