Dr Ainurul Rosli
Professor - Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
Membership and affiliation
Co- Chair Impact and Practice SIG, Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (ISBE)
British Academy of Management (member)
Academy of Management (member)
My vision is to position Brunel as the local business champion in the West London area. In order to achieve that, I lead several initiatives in BUL around two areas of focus:
- knowledge exchange and business engagement (e.g.: Brunel Hive)
- championing local businesses through business support programmes (e.g.: Small Business Leadership Programme and Help to Grow Management)
Being an engaged scholar, my research leads to important debates on how best to help the poor and those who struggle economically to move out of poverty. As the expert on entrepreneurship and university-industry-community collaboration, my work help entrepreneurs to build resilience, establish their own locally rooted capacity building exercise to build their business ecosystems. You can listen to my 10- series podcast with Global Entrepreneurship Movement Association and eFm.live on "Professionalising Entrepreneurship"
I translate academic findings for business action and help businesses and neglected social groups to thrive with their community. One of the projects is Social Innovation through Team Entrepreneurial Learning:
- Our event was featured on the Malaysian National television during the prime time news broadcast for two days. (26th and 27th June 2018).
- We were also featured in the local newspaper (New Sabah Times, 26th June 2018)
- The video below is formed part of the winning pitch during the SITEL workshop, funded by Newton-Ungku Omar Fund (NUOF)