- Cross-cultural psychology
- Culture and identity
- Bicultural identity
- Interpersonal rejection
- Personal relationships
- Prosocial and antisocial online behaviour and attitudes
Some questions that my research focuses on:
- What individual differences (e.g., attachment orientations, self-construal) predict whether bicultural and migrant individuals experience rejection from their heritage culture? How does rejection of their heritage culture identity link to their well-being?
- What is the role of nostalgia as a method of coping for bicultural and migrant individuals?
- What individual differences predict online prosocial and antisocial behaviour?
- What role does culture play in forensic settings?
I am interested in supervising undergraduate and postgraduate research within the themes of cross-cultural psychology or individual differences in social media use. I am also interested in supervising PhD students; please contact me if you would like to discuss this further.