- BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy Examination Board.
- BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy Course Committee.
- MSc Occupational Therapy Examination Board.
- MSc Occupational Therapy pre-registration Course Committee.
- Seminar leader BSc OT levels 1, 2, & 3 and MSc OT pre-registration years 1 & 2
- Module leader - HH3603 - Professional Practice
- PhD supervisor
- Academic tutor and lecturer MSc pre-registration OT/ BSc OT
- Research supervisor MSc OT pre-registration
Expert Evaluator: European Commission - Information and Communication Technologies - ICT Challenge 5: ICT for Health, Ageing Well, Inclusion and Governance Health: Objective ICT-2011.5.1: Personal Health Systems (PHS)
- Cochrane Collaboration - The Cochrane Dementia and Cognitive Improvement Group.
- Higher Education Academy, UK (Teaching Development Grants).
- Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine
- Disability and Rehabilitation: An International Journal.
- Open Rehabilitation Journal.
- Technical Programme Committee of the International Workshop for Ambient Assisted Living
- World Federation of Occupational Therapists
- British Journal of Occupational Therapy
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Neonatal/Developmental care
- Challenging behaviours across the lifespan
- Assistive technologies in rehabilitation
- Information and communication technologies in Clinical Practice
- Evidence Based Practice / Single Subject Research
- Family-Centred Approaches
- Functional Assessment Methods
- Teaching Methods in Higher Education
Newest selected publications
Gibbs, D., Batra, D., Cruickshank, H., Currie, G., Edwards, S., Gormley, H., (2022) 'Occupational therapy in neonatal services and early intervention: Practice guidelines'. Available at: https://www.rcot.co.uk/practice-resources/rcot-publications/downloads/neonatal-services.et al.
Gibbs, D., Campbell, L., Currie, G., Dixon, J., Gormley, H., Hicks, B., (2017) 'Occupational therapy in neonatal services and early intervention: Practice guideline'. Place of publication: Royal College of Occupational Therapists. Available at: https://www.rcot.co.uk/practice-resources/rcot-publications/downloads/neonatal-services.et al.
Harniess, P. and Nikopoulou-Smyrni, P. (2015) 'Paediatric Physiotherapists' Practice in Neurodevelopmental Follow-Up Assessment Programmes of High-Risk Infants A UK Web-Based Cross-Sectional Survey'. The Association of Paediatric Chartered Physiotherapists, 6 (1). pp. 45 - 58. ISSN: 1368-7360
Konstantopoulos, K., Vogazianos, P., Thodi, C. and Nikopoulou-Smyrni, P. (2014) 'A normative study of the Children's Color Trails Test (CCTT) in the Cypriot population'. Child Neuropsychology, 21 (6). pp. 751 - 758. ISSN: 0929-7049
Hunt, L., Nikopoulou-Smyrni, P. and Reynolds, F. (2013) '“It gave me something big in my life to wonder and think about which took over the space … and not MS”: Managing well-being in multiple sclerosis through art-making'. Disability and Rehabilitation, 36 (14). pp. 1139 - 1147. ISSN: 1464-5165 Open Access Link