Former PhD students
- Dr Austin Claffey (2010) Metamemory function of people with Multiple Sclerosis.
- Dr Miranda Davies (2011) Detecting and preventing financial abuse in older adults. (Top University PhD academic and impact ‘Walduck’ prize 2012, 1st prize School PhD conference 2009)
- Dr Alison Blank (2011) The journey in to work: Exploring users’ perspectives of Vocational Rehabilitation Services for people with severe and enduring mental health problems. (2nd prize PhD School conference 2008).
- Dr Stephanie Tempest (2014) Promoting MDT working in stroke rehabilitation: evaluating the use of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health. (School 1st prize PhD conference 2008).
- Nicola White (2017) Identifying factors used to predict death at end of life stage: identification of super prognosticators and information use in effective decision making. Palliative care: Clinicians' EstimateS (P:CES) St George’s Hospital Medical School. Funded by St George’s Hospital and UCL.
Current PhD students
- Samia Elyoussfi (FT 2016 -2019) Better health for people with rare endocrine disorders: promoting patient engagement in regular screening. Funded by Barts Charity- Harries Brunel PI grant holder.
- Graham Boniface (PT 2017-2023) Therapeutic Exercise Prescription in the Rheumatic Adult Jointed funded by University of Oxford and Brunel University London.
MSc Dissertation Students supervised
Chana T (2016) Identifying USA occupational therapy Driving Rehabilitation Specialists (DRSs) judgement on policies when assessing fitness-to-drive decisions for older adults and people with disabilities.
Lim H H (2015). Predicting driving ability for drivers with medical condition using the ‘DriveSafe and DriveAware’ in Singapore: A Pilot study.
Wightman E (2014) Systematic Review: Interventions to Improve Driving Ability after Neurological Impairment.
Saha B (2012) Quality of Life (QOL) of people living with Stroke in Bangladesh.
Parker C (2012) The development of a web-based resource to centralise information and promote awareness and access to information about coloured lens glasses in England.
Perkins L (2012) The development of an on line resource to centralise information about the screening and provision of coloured lens glasses in England.
Fowler L (2012) The development of an on line resource to centralise information about the screening and provision of coloured lens glasses in England.
Wignall S (2012) The development of an on line resource to centralise information about the screening and provision of coloured lens glasses in England.
Elkin K (2011) The Psychosocial Effects of Internet Use of Older Adults: A Systematic Review.
Jamaludin A (2011) A systematic review of the effectiveness of weighting strategies for upper limb postural and intention tremor.
Lowry C (2011) A systematic review of occupational therapy interventions for osteoarthritis of the carpometacarpal joint of the thumb.
Smyth G (2008) Service User Experiences of Social Inclusion in Community Occupations.
Bird B (2007) Post-operative splinting for Dupuytren’s contracture: a systematic review. Recipient of the Brunel Goldtel ‘Best Dissertation’ Prize.
Macebo A (2007) HAQ-DAS-WIS Correlational Study.
Dorer G (2006) Community occupations of mental health service users: A quantitative study of engagement and social inclusion. Recipient of the Brunel Goldtel ‘Best Dissertation’ Prize.
Glanfield S (2005) Negative symptoms of schizophrenia: An investigation into occupational therapists’ awareness and use of evidence based interventions.
Burstein B (2005) Educators’ perceptions of the usefulness of an Occupational Therapy training package for children with development co-ordination disorder.
Vaughan J (2004) Occupation in Assertive Outreach Teams.