Sadik is a Research Fellow at Brunel Composites Centre (BCC) since June 2019. BCC is an innovation centre of Brunel University London in partnership with The Welding Institution (TWI). Sadik is currently the technical lead of two collaborative projects which involve both industrial and academic partners in composites manufacturing and additive manufacturing. In addition, he often represent BCC at academic and non-academic conferences and meetings, proposals writings, dissemination materials, research papers, and responsible for BCC’s marketing strategy.
Prior to joining BCC, Sadik was awarded an Elphinstone scholarship from the University of Aberdeen to study a PhD in composite materials reliability and optimisation. In 2018, he was recognised as a Chartered Engineer, Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (CEng MIMechE), and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA). Earlier, Sadik completed an MSc degree at the University of South Wales, which was a fully-funded scholarship. Whereas his past experience includes industrial positions, and higher education teaching in the area of structures, Computer Aided-Design (CAD) and Computer Aided-Manufacturing (CAM).
- Chartered Engineer, Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (CEng MIMechE)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Key responsibilities include:
- Representing Brunel Composites Centre at academic and non-academic conferences and meetings.
- Manage collaborative research projects involving both industrial and academic partners.
- Writing project proposals, dissemination materials, and research papers.
- Responsible for BCC’s marketing strategy.
- Conduct experimental activities relevant to composites processing and testing.