Dr Sotirios Argyroudis
Lecturer in Infrastructure Engineering
Howell Building 236
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 267728
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences
Membership and affiliation
- Chartered Engineer, Engineering Council, UK, CEng
- Institution of Civil Engineers (UK), MICE
- Institution of Engineers (Greece), M.TEE/TCG
- Hellenic Section for Earthquake Engineering (HSEE)
- Hellenic Society of Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (HSSMGE)
- International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE)
- member of the scientific committee: 3rd International Conference on Natural Hazards & Infrastructure (ICONHIC2021), Athens, Greece, 22-24 June 2021
- member of the core organising committee: 16th European Conference on Earthquake Engineering (16ECEE), Thessaloniki, Greece, 18-21, June 2018
- member of the core organising committee: 4th International Conference on Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering (4ICEGE), Thessaloniki, Greece, 25-28, June 2007
2022 European Council on Computing in Construction (EC3) Thorpe Medal winner, for the paper
Argyroudis, S.A., Mitoulis, S.A., Chatzi, E., Baker, J.W., Brilakis, I., Gkoumas, K., Vousdoukas, M., Hynes, W., Carluccio, S., Keou, O., Frangopol, D.M. and Linkov, I. (2022) "Digital technologies can enhance global climate resilience of critical infrastructure," Journal of Climate Risk Management, 35, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crm.2021.100387
The award was instituted and endowed in 2018 in the honour of Prof Antony Thorpe, a pioneering professor in construction information technology and co-founder of COMIT the community for mobile computing in construction, and it is awarded in recognition of a paper that contributes to either practical or research aspects of engineering informatics disciplines in the built environment.
- Sustainability (Section board for 'Hazards and Sustainability')
Organisation of workshops & seminars:
- Mini-Symposium: Emerging digital technologies toward resilient and sustainable bridges, in the 11th International Conference on Bridge Maintenance, Safety and Management (IABMAS 2022), Barcelona, 11-15 July, 2022.
- Special Session: Data-driven multi-risk assessment of transport infrastructure for enhancing resilience and sustainability, in the 1st Conference of the European Association on Quality Control of Bridges and Structures (EUROSTRUCT2021), Padova, Italy, 29 Aug-1 Sept 2021
- Special Session: The role of information in infrastructure resilience: Methods and tools, in the 3rd International Conference on Natural Hazards & Infrastructure (ICONHIC2022), Athens, Greece, 5-7 July 2022.
- Special Session: Restoration of transport infrastructure after natural hazards, in the 3rd International Conference on Natural Hazards & Infrastructure (ICONHIC2022), Athens, Greece, 5-7 July 2022.
- Special Session: Flood risk for bridges and transport networks: monitoring, modelling, and assessment, in the 3rd International Conference on Natural Hazards & Infrastructure (ICONHIC2022), Athens, Greece, 5-7 July 2022.
- Training Course: Risk and Resilience of Bridges and Networks, London UK, 1/3/2019, 17/2/2020 and Birmingham, UK, 1/8/2019 with participants from academic institutions, Highways England, Councils, consultancies, London Boroughs, Transport Scotland, and Governmental bodies.
- Webinars (2020/21): How to quantify resilience in critical infrastructure; Resilience-based decision making in infrastructure management; Resilience in sustainable development of civil engineering infrastructure
- Special Session: Loss and resilience assessment tools for infrastructure exposed to natural hazards, in the 2nd International Conference on Natural Hazards & Infrastructure, ICONHIC2019, 23-26/6/2019, Chania, Greece.
- Special Session 41: Monitoring strategies for enhancing transport infrastructure resilience IABMAS2020, July 2020, Sapporo, Japan (postponed to April 2021)
- Special Session 16: Seismic risk and resilience of critical infrastructure, in the 16th European Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Thessaloniki, Greece, 18-21/6/2018.
- Special Session 23: Software for loss estimation: developments and applications, in the 16th European Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Thessaloniki, Greece, 18-21/6/2018.
My thoughts in response to extreme heat and climate change: Transport Infrastructure News