Professor Stephen Langdon
Head of Department - Maths
Tower A 018
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 266554
My research area is Numerical Analysis, specifically the development, analysis and implementation of efficient and effective methods for the Numerical Solution of Partial Differential Equations.
Methods of interest:
- Boundary integral equation methods
- Finite element methods
Typical applications of interest:
- Scattering problems, arising from, e.g., acoustic or electromagnetic wave propagation
- Fluid flow in porous media
Associated computational problems:
- Quadrature methods for oscillatory integration
- Machine learning
I would be very pleased to hear from prospective PhD students who may potentially be interested in working in any of the areas listed above.