Membership and affiliation
Editor/ Editorial Board Positions
- Personality and Individual Differences (The Official Journal of the International Society for the Study of Individual Differences (ISSID). Associate Editor: 2006- 2016; Editorial Board Member: 2017-present.
- Schizophrenia Research and Treatment, Associate Editor: 2010 - present.
- Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry. International Advisory Board Member: 2011-present.
- Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging (The Official Publication of the International Society for Neuroimaging in Psychiatry. Editorial Board Member: 2009 - present.
- Current Psychopharmacology, Associate Editor: June 2016 – present.
- Peer J, Editorial Board Member: 2015 – 2017.
- Journal of Advances in Schizophrenia and Brain Research. Associate Editor - 2000-2001.
- Acta Neuropsychiatrica, Editorial Board Member: 2006 - 2011
Membership of Professional Organizations
- British Psychological Society (BPS)
- British Psychopharmacology Association (BAP)
- The British Society for the Psychology of Individual Differences (BSPID) (founding member)
- Society of Biological Psychiatry (SOBP)
- The Society of Neuroscience (SFN)
- Schizophrenia International Research Society (SIRS)
- International Neuropsychological Society
Reviewing for Journals and National and International Funding Bodies
Reviewer for a number of journals (including Behaviour and Brain Sciences, Archives of General Psychiatry, American Journal of Psychiatry, Schizophrenia Research, Brain, Behavioural Brain Research, Biological Psychiatry, Neuropsychopharmacology , Psychophysiology, Journal of Psychophysiology, Psychopharmacology, Journal of Psychopharmacology, Behavioural Pharmacology, Personality and Individual Differences), and national (e.g. Medical Research Council, Wellcome Trust) and international funding bodies (e.g. Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, German Research Foundation, National Institute of Mental Health, USA; Research Council of Norway).
Presentations at National and International Meetings
Over 150 presentations including invited talks and symposiums at Convention of the Society of Biological Psychiatry (US), International Schizophrenia Research Society Conference, Schizophrenia Winter Workshop, Meeting of the Association of European Psychiatry (AEP), Congress of the European College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ECNP), World Congress of Biological Psychiatry, CINP (Collegium Internationale Neuro-Psychopharmacologicum) Congress, and Meeting of the Society of Psychophysiological Research.
Recent Presentations - Select
- Invited Lecture. Neurobiology of Violence in Schizophrenia and Antisocial Personality Disorder: The Role of Childhood Abuse. 22nd Annual Conference of British Indian Psychiatric Association, 2nd-3rd June 2018.
- Invited Lecture. Nicotine Dependence in Schizophrenia: All Smoke? Substance Abuse Seminar. Yale University School of Medicine, 24th May 2017.
- Key Note, Targeting Abnormal Neural Circuits in Schizophrenia: From Molecules to Minds’ at the 5th Bonn Humboldt Award Winners‘ Forum “Frontiers in Neuroscience: Multi-Scale Analysis of the Nervous System – From Molecules to Circuits”, 8th Oct 2015, Bonn, Germany
Member of the Program Committee - 8th Annual International Conference on Cognitive and Behavioral Psychology (CBP 2019). http://cognitive-behavior.org/