Dr Yurui Fan
Lecturer in Flood and Coastal Engineering
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 265717
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences
- Produced over 60 peer-reviewed journal papers in water and environmental systems analysis.
- Lead/participated in research projects supported by industrial, governmental, and international organizations (e.g. Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, Canada Foundation for Innovation, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Saskatchewan Ministry of the Environment, Ontario Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change, Stantec, SaskEnergy, SaskPower, TransGas)
- Produced high-quality peer-reviewed journal papers published on Water Resources Research, Journal of Hydrology, Advances in Water Resources, IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy System, Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, and Environmental Modelling & Software
- Areas of research interests include hydrological and flooding prediction, flooding risk assessment, and climate change and adaptation.
Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Systems Engineering: 05/2009 – 04/2015
University of Regina, Regina, SK, Canada
Master of Science in Engineering: 09/2006 – 06/2008
North China Electric Power University, Beijing, China
Bachelor of Science in Statistics: 09/2002 – 06/2006
Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, China
Newest selected publications
Wang, D., Kong, X., Zhao, S. and Fan, Y. (2019) 'FCVLP: A fuzzy random conditional value-at-risk-based linear programming model for municipal solid waste management'. Climate, 7 (6). pp. 80 - 80. ISSN: 2225-1154 Open Access Link
Sun, CX., Huang, GH., Fan, Y., Zhou, X., Lu, C. and Wang, XQ. (2019) 'Drought Occurring With Hot Extremes: Changes Under Future Climate Change on Loess Plateau, China'. Earth's Future, 7 (6). pp. 587 - 604. ISSN: 2328-4277 Open Access Link
Kong, X., Zeng, X., Chen, C., Fan, Y., Huang, G., Li, Y. and (2018) 'Development of a maximum entropy-Archimedean copula-based bayesian network method for streamflow frequency analysis-A case study of the Kaidu River Basin, China'. Water (Switzerland), 11 (1). pp. 1 - 16. ISSN: 2073-4441 Open Access Linket al.
Zhou, X., Huang, G., Piwowar, J., Fan, Y., Wang, X., Li, Z. and (2018) 'Hydrologic Impacts of Ensemble-RCM-Projected Climate Changes in the Athabasca River Basin, Canada'. Journal of Hydrometeorology, 19 (12). pp. 1953 - 1971. ISSN: 1525-7541 Open Access Linket al.
Fan, Y., Huang, G., Zhang, Y. and Li, Y. (2018) 'Uncertainty Quantification for Multivariate Eco-Hydrological Risk in the Xiangxi River within the Three Gorges Reservoir Area in China'. Engineering, 4 (5). pp. 617 - 626. ISSN: 2095-8099 Open Access Link