Dr Yurui Fan
Lecturer in Flood and Coastal Engineering
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 265717
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences
- Produced over 60 peer-reviewed journal papers in water and environmental systems analysis.
- Lead/participated in research projects supported by industrial, governmental, and international organizations (e.g. Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, Canada Foundation for Innovation, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Saskatchewan Ministry of the Environment, Ontario Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change, Stantec, SaskEnergy, SaskPower, TransGas)
- Produced high-quality peer-reviewed journal papers published on Water Resources Research, Journal of Hydrology, Advances in Water Resources, IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy System, Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, and Environmental Modelling & Software
- Areas of research interests include hydrological and flooding prediction, flooding risk assessment, and climate change and adaptation.
Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Systems Engineering: 05/2009 – 04/2015
University of Regina, Regina, SK, Canada
Master of Science in Engineering: 09/2006 – 06/2008
North China Electric Power University, Beijing, China
Bachelor of Science in Statistics: 09/2002 – 06/2006
Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, China
Newest selected publications
Fan, Y., Kai, H., Guohe, H., Yongping, L. and Feng, W. (2020) 'An Uncertainty Partition Approach for Inferring Interactive Hydrologic Risks'. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 24 (9). pp. 4601 - 4624. ISSN: 1027-5606 Open Access Link
Wang, F., Huang, GH., Fan, Y. and Li, YP. (2020) 'Robust Subsampling ANOVA Methods for Sensitivity Analysis of Water Resource and Environmental Models'. Water Resources Management, 34 (10). pp. 3199 - 3217. ISSN: 0920-4741
Ma, X., Wang, H., Yu, L., Li, Y., Fan, Y., Zhang, J. and (2020) 'Multi-preference based interval fuzzy-credibility optimization for planning the management of multiple water resources with multiple water-receiving cities under uncertainty'. Journal of Hydrology, 591 (December 2020). pp. 1 - 16. ISSN: 0022-1694 Open Access Linket al.
Ma, XX., Zhang, JW., Yu, L., Fan, YR. and Zhang, JP. (2020) 'An interval joint-probabilistic stochastic flexible programming method for planning municipal-scale energy-water nexus system under uncertainty'. Energy Conversion and Management, 208. pp. 112576 - 112576. ISSN: 0196-8904 Open Access Link
Yu, L., Li, QW., Jin, SW., Chen, C., Li, YP., Fan, YR. and (2020) 'Coupling the two-level programming and copula for optimizing energy-water nexus system management – A case study of Henan Province'. Journal of Hydrology, 586. pp. 124832 - 124832. ISSN: 0022-1694 Open Access Linket al.