Professor Zidong Wang
Professor - Dynamic Systems and Computing
SummaryZidong Wang is an IEEE Fellow and Professor of Computing at Brunel University London with research interests in intelligent data analysis, statistical signal processing as well as dynamic systems and control. He has been named as the Hottest Scientific Researcher in 2012 in the area of Big Data Analysis (see http://sciencewatch.com/articles/hottest-research-2012). He was awarded the AvH Research Fellowship in 1996 from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation of Germany, the JSPS Research Fellowship in 1998 from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science and the William Mong Distinguished Research Fellowship in 2002 from the University of Hong Kong. Since 1997, He has published around 310 papers in prestigious international journals (including 110 papers in IEEE Transactions) with h-index 60 according to the Web of Science. He is currently serving as an Associate Editor for 12 prestigious journals including 5 IEEE Transactions. His research has been funded by the EU, the Royal Society and the EPSRC.
Responsibility• 2/2012-present: Director of PhD without Residence Programme, Department of Information Systems and Computing, Brunel University London, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3PH, U.K.
• 9/2011-present: Chairman of the School\'s Research Ethics Committee, School of Information Systems, Computing and Mathematics, Brunel University London, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3PH, U.K.
• 9/2003-present: Deputy Director of the Centre for Intelligent Data Analysis (CIDA), School of Information Systems, Computing and Mathematics, Brunel University London, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3PH, U.K.
• Executive Editor for Systems Science and Control Engineering (Taylor and Francis) (2012-)
• Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control (2008-)
• Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology (2005-)
• Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics - Systems (2013-)
• Associate Editor for Asian Journal of Control (2009-)
• Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks (2007-2012)
• Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics - Part C (2004-2012)
• Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing (2003-2007)
• Associate Editor for Circuits, Systems & Signal Processing (2003-2009)
• Action Editor for Neural Networks (2006-)
• Editorial Board Member for IET Control Theory & Applications (2012-)
• Editorial Board Member for International Journal of Systems Science (2005-)
• Editorial Board Member for Neurocomputing (2006-)
• Editorial Board Member for International Journal of General Systems (2006-)
• Editorial Board Member for International Journal of Computer Mathematics (2006-2009)
• Editorial Board Member on the Conference Editorial Board for the IEEE Control Systems Society (2003-)
• Fellow of the IEEE (for contributions to networked control and complex networks) (2014-)
• Member of EPSRC Peer Review College of the UK (2012-)
• Committee Member for IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology Outstanding Paper Award (2008)
• Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society (2004-)
• Regular Reviewer for Mathematical Reviews, published by American Mathematical Society (1996-)
Newest selected publications
Zhao, D., Wang, Z., Wei, G. and Liu, X. (2021)
Bai, X., Wang, Z., Zou, L. and Zhang, Z. (2021) 'Target tracking for wireless localization systems using set-membership filtering: A component-based event-triggered mechanism'. Automatica, 132. pp. 1 - 10. ISSN: 0005-1098 Open Access Link
Shen, B., Wang, Z., Tan, H. and Chen, H. (2021) 'Robust fusion filtering over multisensor systems with energy harvesting constraints'. Automatica, 131. pp. 1 - 10. ISSN: 0005-1098 Open Access Link
Alsaadi, FE., Wang, Z. and Alkhateeb, AF. (2021) 'Two approaches to partial-nodes-based state estimation for delayed complex networks with intermittent measurement transmissions'. Information Fusion, 76. pp. 315 - 322. ISSN: 1566-2535 Open Access Link
Cheng, H., Wang, Z., Ma, L., Liu, X. and Wei, Z. (2021) 'Multi-task Pruning via Filter Index Sharing: A Many-Objective Optimization Approach'. Cognitive Computation, 13 (4). pp. 1070 - 1084. ISSN: 1866-9956