Brunel Volunteers Terms and Conditions
By using www.brunel.ac.uk/volunteers you signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions of use:
- Brunel Volunteers are a department within Brunel Professional Development Centre. www.brunel.ac.uk/volunteers is a website to assist Brunel University London students to search and apply for volunteering vacancies.
- The services of this website are available to all enrolled Brunel University London students and staff. You may apply for any of the volunteering opportunities listed on this website.
- The details of the voluntary roles listed on this website have been obtained directly from the recruiting charity or community organisation.
- By completing the on-line registration form you are indicating that you wish to apply for the volunteer opportunity selected. The details you supply will be used by Brunel Volunteers to process your application and will be forwarded to the recruiting charity or community organisation.
- The University has a legitimate interest in promoting its community engagement activities through the use of photographs or videos of staff and students who are involved in those activities. We may use your image in Brunel Volunteers publicity materials, on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the Brunel Volunteers website.
- If you DO NOT wish your image to be used please inform the Brunel Volunteers team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All participants of Brunel Volunteers activities are required to adhere to Brunel University London policies and the Code of Conduct for Behaviour.
- We take your data security seriously. The information collected is held securely by the Brunel Volunteers team and is purely for volunteer recruitment and for the monitoring/evaluation of our service.
- Data collected is stored in accordance with Brunel University London data storage guidelines. Further details can be found at: www.brunel.ac.uk/about/administration/information-access/data-protection
- This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed in such websites, and such websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked website on or through the website of the service does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by us. If you decide to leave our website and access these third party sites, you do so at your own risk. Please advise us if you consider any third party links to be inappropriate, illegal or offensive.
- We reserve the right to include within our website content from but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- All logos and service marks contained within the website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Brunel University London or our charity partners. We have sought permission to use logos from external organisations and charities for this website.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or delete portions of these Terms and Conditions at any time without further notice. If we do this, we will post the changes on this page and will indicate at the bottom of this page the Terms and Condition’s effective date. Your continued use of the service or the website after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
- Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information in these pages, their content is naturally subject to change.
- Information provided by Brunel University London students and staff will be used solely for the purposes of volunteering through Brunel Volunteers.
- Registering and providing the information requested via the on-line application form is a requirement for participation.
- Personal details and student information will be used solely to progress a volunteering application with the registered charity, community group or Brunel University London department. Information gathered will also be used for the monitoring and evaluation of the Brunel Volunteers service.
- Information gathered will be used to contact participants of the Brunel Volunteers service to record volunteering hours and to advertise Brunel Volunteers events.
- All information gathered will remain within the UK and stored in accordance with Brunel University London data storage guidelines. Further details can be found at: www.brunel.ac.uk/about/administration/information-access/data-protection
- Those accessing the services of Brunel Volunteers have a right to request access to any of the information recorded about them.
- This can be obtained by contacting Mary Liddell via email: email@example.com
- For further information on what the University does with your personal data please visit: www.brunel.ac.uk/about/administration/information-access/data-protection or email: Mary Liddell – firstname.lastname@example.org