I am a mathematician with a strong background in statistics and biology. My academic research has covered a wide range of areas, encompassing epidemiology, ecotoxicology, toxicology and pharmacology. Having gained an international reputation for my research in biomathematics and statistics in various interdisciplinary international Research projects, I can draw on a wide range of expertise and experience. Since 2007 I am working mainly as an independent consultant, providing consultancy and training in biostatistics, biomathematics and data management to a broad client base in the UK and Europe. My clients include industry, government, international organisations and the academic world. My aim is to make biostatistics accessible and effective as a tool to solve practical problems, based on sound statistical knowledge and modern developments in biostatistics and biomathematics.
- Diploma in mathematics (major subject: statistics)
- Prediploma in biology
- Post-graduate qualification in epidemiology (German society for medical informatics, biometrics and epidemiology)
- 2011 - present: Research fellow. Institute for the Environment, Brunel University
- 2007 – present: Independent biostatistical Consultant (Scholze Consultancy, London, UK)
- 2003 – 2007: Research scientist in two European Union-funded research projects, Centre for Toxicology, The School of Pharmacology, University of London.
- 1997 – 2003: Research scientist and Co-coordination in two European Union-funded research projects, University of Bremen, Department of Biology and Chemistry.
- 1996 – 1997: Research scientist, University of Bremen, Department of Statistics, Germany.
- 1994 – 1996: Research scientist in Epidemiological studies, Bremen Institute for Prevention Research and Social Medicine, Germany.
- 1992 – 1994: Research scientist in Epidemiological studies, University of Bremen, Department of Statistics, Germany.
Newest selected publications
Gaudriault, P., Mazaud-Guittot, S., Lavoué, V., Coiffec, I., Lesné, L., Dejucq-Rainsford, N., (2017) 'Endocrine Disruption in Human Fetal Testis Explants by Individual and Combined Exposures to Selected Pharmaceuticals, Pesticides, and Environmental Pollutants'. Environmental Health Perspectives, 125 (8). pp. 087004. ISSN: 0091-6765 Open Access Linket al.
Hass, U., Christiansen, S., Axelstad, M., Scholze, M. and Boberg, J. (2017) 'Combined exposure to low doses of pesticides causes decreased birth weights in rats'. Reproductive Toxicology, 72. pp. 97 - 105. ISSN: 0890-6238 Open Access Link
Huerta, B., Margiotta-Casaluci, L., Rodríguez-Mozaz, S., Scholze, M., Winter, MJ., Barceló, D. and (2016) 'Anti-anxiety drugs and fish behavior: Establishing the link between internal concentrations of oxazepam and behavioral effects'. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 35 (11). pp. 2782 - 2790. ISSN: 0730-7268 Open Access Linket al.
Green, C., Brian, J., Kanda, R., Scholze, M., Williams, R. and Jobling, S. (2015) 'Environmental concentrations of anti-androgenic pharmaceuticals do not impact sexual disruption in fish alone or in combination with steroid oestrogens'. Aquatic Toxicology, 160. pp. 117 - 127. ISSN: 0166-445X Open Access Link
Orton, F., Ermler, S., Kugathas, S., Rosivatz, E., Scholze, M. and Kortenkamp, A. (2014) 'Mixture effects at very low doses with combinations of anti-androgenic pesticides, antioxidants, industrial pollutant and chemicals used in personal care products'. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, 278 (3). pp. 201 - 208. ISSN: 0041-008X Open Access Link