I am Programme Lead of the MRes Environmental Management and MRes Environmental Science degree programmes. I lecture on a number of Environmental Science and Environmental Management degree programmes, including MSc Environmental Management and BSc Environmental Sciences.
- Module Leader for Environmental Chemistry
- Module Leader for Professional Experience (Environmental Science)
Contribution to other modules
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Pollution
- Clean Technology and the Environment
- Data analysis and research skills in Environmental Science
- Research Dissertation - supervise Masters and Final Year undergraduate Projects (FYPs).
Brunel University London places a strong emphasis on practical training and I deliver a number of practical classes on analytical techniques to enable students to gain analytical skills and undertake laboratory-based projects.
I was on the programme design and development panel of the BSc and MSci Environmental Science programmes. I lead the design and development of the MRes Environmental Science and MRes Environmental Management degrees.
My teaching activity:
- Starting 2021 – Programme Lead MRes Environmental Management/Environmental Science
- 2019-present – Module Lead BSc Environmental Chemistry
- 2016- 2019 - Module Lead MSc Environmental Management
- 2013 to present – Brunel University London, Teaching on MSc Environmental Science programmes
- 2007 to 2013 – University of Reading, Department of Chemistry (MChem Chemistry)
- 2001 to 2010 - Leonardo da Vinci post graduate training programmes
I am first or second supervisor to a number of PhD students in Environmental Sciences.
Other Academic Resposibilities
I peer review articles for high quality environmental and analytical science journals including Environmental Science and Technology, Water Research, Journal of Chromatography,Environmental Pollution, Science of the Total Environment, Chemosphere, Current Pharmaceutical Analysis and others.
I regularly serve as an internal and external examiner for PhD, MPhil and MRes awards in the UK and internationally. I have examined PGR students at Kings College London, Cranfield University, Kingston University London and the Australian National University.
I am a member of a number of college and university level academic committees.